Impotent police service - why?

Why,is the police service so impotent,regarding the prevention and detection of crime? It seems to me that the criminal can do whatever he/she wants,these days.

Murder is commonplace,mugging and beating up of anyone,but particularly the old and defenceless. Why, when the police have all the advantages of modern technology can't they overcome the present crime wave?

In the old days,criminals were afraid of law and order,because the police had the upper hand and respectable citizens were safe to live their lives without fear.

The judiciary were ruthless in sentencing criminals and always passed the death sentence for murder, but now the law encourages it by giving lenient punishment.

Have they all gone soft? are they all afraid,or what? lets get tough again and send the right message to the wrong doer. In the old days you knew that if you were involved in murder, you had a good chance of being hung and it was a deterrent!!!

• Like 1

Originally posted by "halevan"

The judiciary were ruthless in sentencing criminals and always passed the death sentence for murder, but now the law encourages it by giving lenient punishment.

Have they all gone soft? are they all afraid,or what? lets get tough again and send the right message to the wrong doer. In the old days you knew that if you were involved in murder, you had a good chance of being hung and it was a deterrent!!!

Yeah, great - just ask George Kelly, how he feels about that - oh, but we can't, can we?

I am sorry but I strongly feel this is a bad idea.

Making drugs freely availible will also make easier access for drug to be given to children. Already drugs are being offered in the school yard. A child does not know the limits of their body and can quickly OD not to mention the effects of their education.

I have led a full and active life doing things that would make most people cringe but I have never needed drugs to achieve this high. Now I have children I feel that I should teach them to achive their best and to do this they really don't need drugs.

It does not say George Kelly was innocent,just that his conviction was unsafe. Which means there is insufficient evidence to uphold it,which tells you they do not know one way or the other!