TV Senders - Advice Needed

Hi,

Wanting some advice from the gadget pro's on here.

Im looking to buy a TV sender that will send my Sky box signal to my Bedroom TV. Looking for anyone's opinions on these. If they work, dont work, quality etc.

Also looking for advice on a specific problem.

Im looking to mount the receiving box in the loft out of sight and have the wire down the wall and into the TV.

Most of the senders mention they have a remote control extension function on them aswell, does anyone know if this is an infra red receiver on a wire that i can mount above the TV or would it be through the actual box itself meaning I will have to have the item on show.

Thanks for any opinions or advice anyone can give.

Gempau

used right they are ok dont mount it in the loft though put it near the tv you may have to move it at times to ensure a steady signal. the remote normally is placed near the sender but you wont be able to change the sky channels you will require a SKY skylink to do that this connects straight into your sky box and requires a lead form your skybox to your upstairs tv

the video sender would be a waste of money if you want it for only sky channels

Thanks for the reply..

A mate of mine has one with his sky box and it works fine...

The box above his sky box, has a wire like an eye type thing that shines on the infra red part of his sky box so it shines the right light when they change channel from upstairs.

The only problem with that one is the 2nd box is massive like a VCR and sits on top of a 21" TV....

The one that Im wanting is for a 37" LCD mounted on the wall, thus the need for no unsightly objects on show...

Anyone else got any opinions/advice on this for me. Cheers

a proper sky link which is what you have described does not not have a box the small magic eye is all you see and usually can be hidden out of view

how do you get the signal at present to your wall mounted tv

I dont at the minute, only use it for PS2 etc.

It is definately not a sky TV link, as this is what I was initially looking at and I know it doesnt come with the two boxes like my friends does.

The Sky TV link would be a great idea apart from the fact my sky box is on an external wall and my tv is hung on an internal wall, with a bathroom on the other side of the wall and its 4 Storeys High !!! with the sky box being on the bottom floor !!!...

Now you'll get a rough idea of the problem Im faced with !!! lol...

Cheers for any help anyone can offer.

it sounds a bit complicated really cannot help any more without seeing the set up

Tell me about it, lol...

Thats why im looking at the digital sender type gadget... ideally with a function that will allow me to change channel while in bed..

Cheers for your replies anyway....

I use these to send pics to a set on our kitchen. As the walls of our cottage are 1 metre thick, wiring in was not an option! They are GigaAir 20R units ordered from Maplin. I paid £29.00 for them. It was supplied with a sensor so that you can change channels from the skybox from the kitchen. small units, good pics and not too pricey.

Picture http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q311/lfowler_photo/sender2.jpg

Nice one, thanks very much.

Is the remote sensor on a seperate wire so I can put it on the top of the TV to keep the unit out of sight.....

Do you know how far the signal will reach etc...

Thanks Again

Sorry, can't find the manual for a complete spec.

The sensor is on about 1 metre of cable. Ours are sending about 20 feet and through a metre of wall.

Found it. Claimed range is 100 metres in clear line of sight. Walls and ceilings will cut this down a fair bit.

4 channels provided in case of interference. Stereo audio. Composite video in and out.

Sizes: (inches) 5.5x4.3x1.1

Hope this helps.

yeah, thats brill. Thanks Very Much tsavo...