Where did you go on holiday as a child?

Sunny Skeggy every year since being a child. We have seen lots of changes

take place, but still love it.:thumbsup:

we went to skeggy for a day in the summer every year & we would go to blackpool at night in september but our main holiday every year was to scotland at the end of october. we all absolutley loved it, mum & dad would rent a masive house out for a week or two if they could afford it. we would normally stay somewhere in the west cost highlands & go walking in the mountains & visiting different places. we always had an absolute blast when we were kids & me & my younger bro still went swimming in the sea even when it was freezing.

one year, i must have been about 9, mum & dad saved up & took us on our first holiday abroard to frajus south of france. i was absolutley amazed that we were in a different country. people actually spoke a different language there & i've never felt the sun soo hot.

We actually were too poor! We didnt go on hol until i was 14! We went to Spain for a fortnight!

We used to go to Mustique every year, but I hear it's gone a bit downmarket in recent years.

Dad let me go and sit on the kerb edge in front of our house with a bucket of sand after it had been raining. He told me it was the seaside, and that if I was really good, I could go there again next year. :sad::cry::?

We used to go to butlins at skegness in the summer holidays!

Absolutley loved it.

Last went when i was about 9 so thats 10 years ago, bet it has changed a hell of alot.

Great Yarmouth usually, or Skeggy. Once my nana took me to Blackpool and made me climb the tower :suspect:

I used to be taken to Cleethorpes for a day trip each year. That was the best my parents could afford in spite of working hard.

When I was eleven though my brother and his family took me to Skeggy for a week in a caravan.

It rained...

Just remembered. They took me to Bridlington once. Can't remember who brought me back though. Remember the look on their faces though when they saw me standing at the door with my little suitcase and balaclava.:)

worthing: the filthiest, most seaweed-ridden, painful-to-foot beach in the world.

then my grandparents moved to bournemouth when i was about 8, so we started going there instead.

one year we went to a cottage near wooller in cumbria, but i still don't know why.

We went maily to Skeggy (still do now as daughter scared to fly anywere) but that was only because my family had caravans there. But we also went to bridlington and one time after mum won a competion for a week in New Quay that i loved, and when my two older sisster moved out and we had a bit more money to spend we went to Blackpool for holidays.