Rivelin Valley walk Sunday 18th February 2007

Had a great time today, started off by a super size bacon and tomato sarnie, then a lovely walk through the valley and on up through the beautiful Wyming Brook then on up to the Sportsman for a cracking plate of fish n chips! All in all a fab day and nice to meet some new walkers and their dogs. Thanks to Taxman for guiding us on this walk and to the others for some great company. :)

Aw, I'm so sorry I missed this one :( - Grissom's done some excellent photos though - as usual!

Looks like it was a corker... I'm definitely raring to muddy my boots at Bradford Dale next week. Fingers crossed for equally good weather.

Was a very pleasant morning, despite the struggle getting up after Rotherham beer festival. :)

Threw in the towel before Wyming Brook, but will definitely explore it soon as it sounds like we missed a treat. Still, managed to get in the Sportsman in Crosspool by 1... :)

Nice to see everyone. :wave:

Some Photos hopefully??

It doesn't appear to be working in slideshow mode for some reason, i'l try and sort it.

Good walk, enjoyed it, nice to meet people. Interesting start with a scramble through the mud in the cemetry before we got to the cafe. We also went to the Sportsman but in Crosspool with Kristian and Meaks, as they caught us up on Manchester Rd (we had stopped for a fag and to have a look around).

And Mr Fuzzy is Nomme. And for anyone interested in cemeterys there is a tour in the Walkley one opposite Rivelin at 3.30 on Sunday the 18th March and 29th April.

Just a quick note to say it was nice to meet everyone yesterday and look forward to doing another one soon.

cheers

Nomme (aka Mr fuzzy!)

ps. Fuzzy - your slide show now appears to be working)

p.p.s I didnt take this on Sunday but it may be of interest : http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=10316740&size=l

(the fullsize thing is quite large!)

Im cheesed off at missing this one as well.Hopefully join you next tme.

In that case Bambi - get yersen on the Bradford Dale wander on Sunday! Not seen you for bloomin' ages! :wave:

The Video film of the Rivelin - Lodge Moor Walk has been downloaded & played.

The Video filming is up to Pro - Upper - Standard!!!

Unfortunately (Because I've never done it) I forgotten what I was told regarding, how to transfer the Video film off the tape onto a D.V.D.

So if anyone would like to do this just let me know.

Next Day - Dont all rush!!