I need to find a job to start in September. I will be a full time student so I will need something to fit around my studies.

I have thought about a call centre like Freemans or William Hill etc.. Does anyone work for these or know anybody who does? I want to know if they are flexible with hours and how i go about getting an interview with them.

I have been told that agencies deal with call centre recruitment, can anyone tell me if this is so and if it is what agencies I need to contact.

Alternatively if anyone knows of any other work which would be suitable please let me know.

I'm starting to get a bit stressed with it all!:(

I know people have opinions of Ant Marketing, but they usually give out flyers in freshers' week offering flexible hours around timetables.

i'd recommend bar work - it's the wrong side of the bar, but you get a sense of being out, and also get paid for it. also, if it#s a bar with happy hour type things, you can get happy prices all week long! most bars will be looking now, so get your CV in for a freshers' week start.

Which uni are you at?

Hallam has a service called netWORK, who are there to help you find part time and vacation work, just need to sign up.

Freemans are usually looking for evening / weekend workers. Last time I saw thay had a banner outside the call centre on Attercliffe with a number to ring.

Thanks for the replies. I'm not at uni I'm doing a HND at Castle college.

I have heard about ANT but I was told that it is telesales work which I have done before and don't want to do again.

Bar work would be fine if the hours were in the day, I wouldn't want to do it at night.

I might have a look in local shops to see if they have a some hours going.

Thanks again.

Freemans constantly seem to be recruiting to me and I hear that they have a stress room. I'd be concerned about both of these. You never know though, it may suit you.

I don't think I'd mind working in a call centre aslong as I don't have to sell anything.

I'm only looking for 16-20hrs per week (depending on pay) My timetable means that I'd have 1 full day free which I'd like to use to work and then do the other hours over the rest of the week, morning and afternoon if possible.

At the minute I work 9-5pm mon-fri and then in my local minimarket sat and sunday mornings. I could possibly get more hours in the minimarket but I'd like to try something else and meet new people. I also really want to get my weekends back.

Steelblade you could try Rock Steady Sccurity.They can be contacted on 0114 2565550 and do take on students as a friend of mine works for them.

What kind of work do they offer?

I don't think I'd make a good security guard if that's what it is. I'm a 5'5 girly.

Forget Bar work and anything else where you don't have access to a PC. How will you be able to access the forum otherwise? :D;)

Lickzz I don't know what I will do without Internet access. It's going to be so strange.

I may be able to log on from college. I'll have to see.

With regards to looking for work. I called Dixons call centre yesterday and they are going to call me back to do a telephone interview. I have also requested an application form for a job down at the careers service. It involves calling people asking what they thought of the service they were given. It's 4pm-7pm Mon-Thurs which is ideal. It's only 12 hours but thats ok because I could keep my hours at the minimarket.

Steelblade they provide stewards and work mainly at the arena doing concerts.You sound ok to do the job.Give them a ring and ask for Jamie.