I don't normally get a kick from the suffering of other human beings...

Halibut, Halibut ... give it up, fgs. Change the record. You're undoubtedly a sensitive person, a bleeding heart as they say. I can't understand how you can so often appear to be on the side of wrong whilst trying so determinedly to be a good person and on the side of right.

I think we do have to blame people of your ilk for the situation we find ourselves in. There is a quote from 'Timon of Athens' which goes something like this "Nothing emboldens Sin so much as the presence of Mercy" ... go and sit on the stairs for a while and consider this.

Give a thought to the victims and stop trying to be a saint.

rubydazzler, which bit of what I've written this evening appeared to be 'on the side of wrong'? Which particular situation that we're in do you feel people of 'my ilk' are to be blamed for exactly?

no wonder the country is going down the pan when people of his ilk are about.

The country is going down the pan because some people don't enjoy seeing vigilantism? Any more insane comments you'd care to spew out tonight?

The way some people on her speak is amazing. You'd think anyone showing an opinion away from the lynch mob was running an "adopt a rapist" charity by the hyperbole some of you love to attach to your rants. What will beating up these men do? If they were cowards before then they'll be cowards afterwards, getting beat-up will not change their moral fibre, and nor will giving them a big hug and telling them we love them. People are all things, good and bad, and no matter what you consider justice will change this.

As it says in the bible and eye for n eye,as to halibut well you didnt expect anything else did you?

He is an apologist for the low lifes in this world, no wonder the country is going down the pan when people of his ilk are about.

What absolute nonsense. Do you really not see the distinction between being an 'apologist' for criminals, and not condoning the vigilante, 'hanging's too good for them' mentality that pervades many of these threads?

10 out of 10 that they got locked up for their vile crimes, If they got the ever loving merde kicked out of them while they were there then ....... cest la vie!

Consider that cake well and truly iced

rubydazzler, which bit of what I've written this evening appeared to be 'on the side of wrong'? Which particular situation that we're in do you feel people of 'my ilk' are to be blamed for exactly?

If you can't see it yourself, how can I explain it to you? What you've posted this evening is just the same as you always post about things. You're a bleeding heart and IMO the bleeding hearts are to blame for the situation the country and the rest of Europe seems to be in. You don't seem able to accept that people who do bad things for their pleasure should have bad or worse things happen to them in repayment. You get on my nerves with the attitude you seem to espouse that 'to understand all is to forgive all'.

We just want to see the punishment fit the crime. For people who commit heinous crimes of violence and sexual terror, merely being banged up in a nice, warm, comfortable prison with Sky TV and three meals a day isn't enough punishment. I personally want to see sheer terror struck into their hearts no matter what age they are. I want them made to realise that what they've done is totally beyond the pale. I want them to come to contrition and become useful and non threatening members of society. If they can't do that, I'd like them out of the way, for good.

I don't know what's so difficult about it. After all, par example, paedophiles - what are they for? They should all be disposed of. Even if only as an example to the ones that are 'just looking' at the moment. Total wastes of space.

Indeed. The attackers show themselves to be no better than their victims.

Liberal hand wringing nonsense, the likes of which you continually spout, is an affront to what most nations stands for. It seems to drip from your lips like that of an ice-cream from a 3 year old. Vermin like these deserve all they get. If a Surgeon cuts out a tumour from a patient does that make him no better than the cancer he has so unceremoniously removed ? Should we not have fought the Nazi's in the last war just in case we were accused by your ilk of being no better than them? Pacificity has no place in my world and no doubt, not in many others either. There is a subtle difference between legal justice and social justice;one works, the other doesn't. In this instance, social justice has been served, for now.

If you can't see it yourself, how can I explain it to you? What you've posted this evening is just the same as you always post about things. ...

And this is exactly what you always post about things.

So, you don't agree with Halibut and other 'bleeding hearts'. That's fine. There's really no need to ask him - or anyone else - to 'change the record fgs', or to ask others to accept your opinion, or patronise them by accusing them of somehow not understanding your views when you've taken pains to spell them out so clearly.

The rhetoric on this thread is depressing.

And this is exactly what you always post about things.

So, you don't agree with Halibut and other 'bleeding hearts'. That's fine. There's really no need to ask him - or anyone else - to 'change the record fgs', or to ask others to accept your opinion, or patronise them by accusing them of somehow not understanding your views when you've taken pains to spell them out so clearly.

The rhetoric on this thread is depressing.

He did ask me .... :rolleyes:

My opinion is hardly rhetoric, it's my opinion.

seems it happens a lot

IF YOU ARE INTO PRISONER'S RIGHTS DON'T WATCH THIS.

http://www.crazys hit.com/cnt/medias/11563

You have to cut and paste into the address bar then remove the space.

So was he inside for molesting a kid or not? It seems somewhat unclear.

He did ask me .... :rolleyes:

I'm sure he didn't ask to be patronised and berated.

Can I ask you to give it a rest as well, or would that be too much to ask?

I think you should let Halibut fight his own battles, he's more than capable. He patronises and berates other people, you know. Maybe you just can't see it.

This is going way off topic now, and degenerating into tit for tat personal diatribes. Sorry to the OP

Perhaps it would be an idea if he stopped doing those very things himself.