Solicitors you would recommend for conveyancing? Megathread NO QUOTES

we used Taylor and Emmett for our house purchase, and found them to be fine.

Yes. They're one of the oldest-established Sheffield firms.

[NB: only one T in 'Emmet']

As the title says :-)

Our agent is pushing us to go with countrywide, but the internet is full of terrible reviews about them. My husband signed up with them on Monday, but I've just called to cancel after reading the poor reviews.

People seem to think going with a local lawyer is the best idea.

Thanks in advance :-)

I used Norrie, Waite and Slater recently and found them very good. Cost was around £700.

I use Nick Elliot at Norrie, Waite and Slator. Good service and price.

But as for Taylor and Emmet? 6 months in and they can't get a land registry problem sorted for their seller. I will give them till October then I am going to pull out. 8 months is more than enough.

But as for Taylor and Emmet? 6 months in and they can't get a land registry problem sorted for their seller. I will give them till October then I am going to pull out. 8 months is more than enough.

But the problem might not be of their making, you know.

has anyone used homeward legal conveyancing as i cannot find any reviews for them.

they do say they have offices in sheffield , but i cannot locate any

has anyone used homeward legal conveyancing as i cannot find any reviews for them.

they do say they have offices in sheffield , but i cannot locate any

Many such internet-only firms advertise that sort of thing.

Regard them as 'execution only': they might do the basics OK but you'll possibly get little personalised advice and there might be no-one local on whom you can call even by appointment.

i would avoid all bulk conveyancers i once had a purchaser that used DLA in Manchester through countrywide i think, it was a nightmare, now have another ongoing at the moment who used a well known firm but it turns out they have a bulk office in manchester and thats now dragging!! frustrating

Sorry to bump an old thread, but does anyone have any recent recommendations for a solictor? :)

Just used Michael Ward in Hillsborough for a FTB, offer to complete in 7 weeks! Sent all paperwork quick and kept upto date on progress.

wake smth - 0114 2666660

I agree Wake Smith are on the ball.