Solicitors you would recommend for conveyancing? Megathread NO QUOTES

For information for anybody els, your solicitor/conveyancer does all there work through the post, there is no physical contact at all with anybody.

But some people do prefer to meet the solicitor face-to-face; and I try to aim at that if it's Sheffield-based client purchaser. On a purchase, whether from the Local Housing Authority or otherwise, there are far more aspects needing careful advice- esp. if it's leasehold.

Hi can anyone help

My dad died recently. left his house to me so now am in the process of selling and it looks like I will have a cash buyer. but need some advice.

1. on the deeds are both my mum (who died 15years ago) and dads name. do I have to do anything about this?

2. can the buyer use the old searches which I have copies?

3. would it be better if the buyer and myself used the same solicitor?

4. how much would it cost me to complete the transaction?

5. how long would the whole process take to completion?

I know its a long list but have read through all the thread and everyone else's problems were straight forward.

In anticipation thanks

Hi can anyone help

My dad died recently. left his house to me so now am in the process of selling and it looks like I will have a cash buyer. but need some advice.

1. on the deeds are both my mum (who died 15years ago) and dads name. do I have to do anything about this?

2. can the buyer use the old searches which I have copies?

3. would it be better if the buyer and myself used the same solicitor?

4. how much would it cost me to complete the transaction?

5. how long would the whole process take to completion?

I know its a long list but have read through all the thread and everyone else's problems were straight forward.

In anticipation thanks

1. Yes. For your mother, you'll need a Death Certificate. Depending on how your father + she owned it, her share might have passed under her Will (or on intestacy); but it might have devolved on your father- by operation of law- if they were beneficial joint tenants.

2. No.

3. No- conflict of interest, you see.

4. The fees will depend on reply to point 1, and on the property's value, and on whether or not it's already registered, and on whether it's freehold or leasehold.

5. No idea. But it might take as little as a month if all the paperwork is in order.

Edited by Jeffrey Shaw
Typo corrected

Thanks for that Jeffrey. You have been most helpful.

Liz Alderson at Taylor and Emmet. Definitely A*

Buying and selling my house can anyone recommend a good solicitors in Sheffield please. 

Always good to see a reply to a 5 year old post.