Argh! how can i get home in the snow?

hey!

rather stupidly, i came over to my mums after uni today, not expecting the snow to be so bad. i skidded a couple of times on the way here hitting the kirb so can only imagine it would be even worse trying to get back now. does anyone know for definate if the trams are running as its a fair walk to the tram stop.. and erm.. sound silly but ma mum just said that i've got no chance of pushing a pram in the snow? anyone know if this is true or not because im not entirely sure that my 1yr old will be able to hack a walk to the tramstop in this weather and i certainly cant carry her! lol. HELP!

Can't you stay at your mum's tonight, it'll be far easier and less nerveracking going home in daylight.

I've skidded a couple of times coming home tonight and I'm fairly experienced at driving in snowy weather.

Stay put if you can.

Trams were running through hillsborough when i walked up about 20 min ago. Dont try to drive as it is really bad in places. I have drove 4x4's off road since i was 14 and still skidded and nearly hit a lamp post so i would advise you not to take the car, call the travel line and wrap up warm. TAKE CARE :thumbsup:

I wouldnt risk it, stay put if you can.

i could, but my little en is here too and ive never yet got her to go to bed without a drink of milk, wouldnt normally be a problem i know, but shes allergic to cows milk so shes gonna have to go without if she stays here :/

you dont think it'd be a good idea to drive then?

Honestly, SIH, if you can stay put, you should ... and I'm always one that wants to get home to my own bed, I just wouldn't risk it tonight esp with a small person in tow :D

If you have the littllie in bed with you and snuggle up, she'll probably settle without any milk ... fingers xd!

you dont think it'd be a good idea to drive then?

Hell no please dont, espesialy with a child in the car even if you risk it and dont make a mistake or get in to a problem on the way home it does not mean some one else will not be much good behind the wheel.

Walk (if its not too far) or call travel line and check public services.

we just watched a driving instructor fishtail his way down kent road, so I suppose it depends on your confidence and which roads your going to be travilling on.

i have very little or no experience driving in snow and my confience behind the wheel is terrible at the best of times (for good reason, i suck at driving) so i think ive got no chance of driving...

...anyone tried doing the pushing a buggy thing in the snow? i really wanna go home :(

i have very little or no experience driving in snow and my confience behind the wheel is terrible at the best of times (for good reason, i suck at driving) so i think ive got no chance of driving...

...anyone tried doing the pushing a buggy thing in the snow? i really wanna go home :(

Ye ive done it, get on you good boots and walk at the side of the road, on the path if its clear if the paths not clear the go on the side of the road which should give you better traction .