Urgent Advice Needed On DVD-R Camcorder Discs

Guest Ant

I've got about five mins before I set off for a funeral. My girlfriend's relatives are over from Ireland and have brought a camcorder with them. The disc that was in was -R, they've just bought some -RW discs, and they don't seem to work. Will they not work in their camcorder or is the camcorder itself faulty?

Thanks in advance.

The only difference between -R and -RW is the -RW ones are re-recordable. Is it possible that the -RW disc needs to be formatted before use? I use

-RW's in my CD recorder but it will only work with certain brands of discs.

Guest Ant

I've been looking for a downloadable manual, but no joy. I'll have a good look at the camcorder tomorrow to see if it will allow me to format the disc. Thanks, tsavo.

Glad to try and help. I can't think of anything else that could be the problem.

Be interested to know how you get on.

Guest Ant

Problem solved. The camcorder doesn't actually support -RWs. We found out on the day they're returning to Ireland. :rolleyes:

You were on a hiding to nothing with that one then. Didn't think of the disk being the wrong type. Like you I assumed the -R had previously been used in the camera. Just shows, you can't win them all, no matter how hard you try!