Which were your favourite acts at the Mojo

sorry tony there definately were benches at the front when I used to go 1961/2/3/4. never went to the esquire though. club 60 was the other venue I frequented.

Hi Oldiegirl,

Obviously some confusion here. The Mojo was not open in 61/2/3. May have opened late 64 but I thought 65.

Andyman

It's All Too Beautiful

hi andyman left school in 64 was thoroughly convinced I went to Mojo before I left school but could have been after that is the trouble with memories they have a habit of becoming idealistic. question is if I wasn't at the Mojo where on earth was I?????????

Hi again, just in case anyone is remotely interested I have found my past by paging the oracle of the photo album. from 62 it was concerts at the City Hall, autographs to prove it. 65 mojo combined with following groups to church hall dances then pubs and cutlers hall saturday night.

66 began the rounds of holidays without family.

phew that was close thought old age had set in.

As mentioned earlier in this thread steve marriott of the small faces was one of the most popular performers at the mojo and today the 30th of january would have been his 63rd birthday , so may i say "happy birthday steve " you were responsible for some great tunes with influanced a lot of following acts and stand the test of time , and if you don,t agree with me " whatcha gonna do about it ! "

[Tony[/QUOTe

Sorry Andy miss read your response!! Old age and senility creeping in....but you are still absolutely right about The Esquire. Mojo Tuesday + Thursday Esquire Friday Wheel for Allnighters Saturday unless there was one at the Mojo!!

Hi Tony,

Mojo, Twisted Wheel and Dungeon allnighters. Do we know eachother? I'm a couple of years younger than you but same scene same time.

Andy

It's All Too Beautiful

Hi Andy....could be we know each other...what's your surname?? I used to hang around sometimes with (at the Esquire) Boggy Marsh T Bear Frank Senior Richard Walsh (was at his funeral recently) ....I spent more time at THe Mojo 'though than Esquire!! Was at The Wheel a few weeks ago for the first time in forty odd years was good though. Still bump in to Frank Senior a lot at various dos. Any of that lot ring any bells?? There was a guy I knocked around with called Andy Anderson but he lives Hillsboro way ...I think....some more names.....Fraser, Steve Beardsmore, Paul Perrozi, Tony Morton, Ben Smith

Hi again, just in case anyone is remotely interested I have found my past by paging the oracle of the photo album. from 62 it was concerts at the City Hall, autographs to prove it. 65 mojo combined with following groups to church hall dances then pubs and cutlers hall saturday night.

66 began the rounds of holidays without family.

phew that was close thought old age had set in.

Hi

Sorry but no way Mojo was open in 1961 and I still dont remember the benches!! Sorry!!

Sam the Sham & the Pharaohs and i am sure i saw Little Stevie Wonder there as well. Possibly late 65 or early 66. Wasn't old enough to drink but never had a problem getting in.

Hi

Sorry but no way Mojo was open in 1961 and I still dont remember the benches!! Sorry!!

I think they were possibly seats in 3 rows ,Tony

Hi tony, no probs benches aren't that important anyway have also been corrected for 61 etc I wrote another post saying it was 65 I was there.

hi geoffusa thanks for your memory of the benches, maybe they weren't out every night so that could make us all right.

Maybe this will solve the question of the dates the Mojo was open

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/.../Stringfellow-on-the-club-that.4671553.jp -

I remember waiting ages in the heat for Georgie Fame to come on stage then fainted just before he came on..... story of my life.

Anyone remember Roger Howe, Pete's friend who always had a suit on and wore a buttonhole, used to work with him at Dobsons in Fitzalan Square for a while.