Which were your favourite acts at the Mojo

Originally posted by owdlad

The Stringfellows didn't do badly from the mojo did they? What happened to them....lol. I think one went down to London to open some sort of similair club ( tongue firmly in cheek) but what happened to the other (David I think)? Perhaps he got a "proper" job.

Peter Stringfellwo now lives here in Mallorca

small faces,brilliant,i sneaked in as it was full of mods and i was a rocker but just liked the faces

Originally posted by bornandbred

ps. Rod Stewart used to do a stint there with Long John Baldry and the Hoochie Coochie Men!

met baldry in the peace gardens when he was on city hall,took him in the albert pub,and across to the saddle west street.got his autograph somewhere

ps. Rod Stewart used to do a stint there with Long John Baldry and the Hoochie Coochie Men!
My Wife and I chatted to LJB while Rod (The Mod) Stewart filled in when LJB took a break.

I was introduced to blues music at the Mojo and remember seeing John Lee Hooker there - brilliant! I think Peter Stringfellow chose the name for the club from a JLH song "I got my mojo working"

I made one of those mojo dolls that used to hang at the back of the stage, it was free entry on opening night if you brought one. Can't recall seeing the Faces.

Bought a Mojo on Beale Street Memphis 1989.

I remember Long John Baldrey and the Hoochie Coochie men featuring Rod Stewart My favourite act was John Lee Hooker

Those were the days

:thumbsup:

I remember seeing the Small Faces there, but only just, as there were so many screaming girls at the front! Does anyone recall that The Drifters were booked but had to cancel?

Anyone know what happened to Jeff -Pete's brother.

Never hear about him he always stayed in the background

My Mum and Dad’s house backed onto the Mojo when I was a kid can remember all the scooter parked at the bottom of our street at the weekends, and all the people sat on the wall running alongside Burngreave rd wait for the club to open.

I remember Long John Baldrey and the Hoochie Coochie men featuring Rod Stewart My favourite act was John Lee Hooker

Those were the days

:thumbsup:

1 saw the Steam Package ( Packet?) with Baldry, Julie Driscoll, Brian Auger Trinity and maybe Rod Stewart as a backing singer. Am I correct or has Age taken it's toll?

Does anyone know if The Lizards were at the Mojo, when my brother was the drummer Fred Guite? Anyone have any fond memories or stories about him. :) thanks Pauline