Trevor Brookes arrested

The thing is, although muslims say they hate extremists, you never see them doing much when one starts preaching hate in the mosques do you? Arent they allowed to interrupt a preacher when hes talking or something?

Footie Freak,ive got nothing whatsoever against muslims or any religion,what i hate is certain people of certain religious groups come over to our country and this is OUR country and try and claim it for themselves,imagine me going over to live in pakistan and objecting to a pakistani coming to visit the city i lived in.Or imagine me ranting or raving on a street proclaiming all muslims are basically scum and that it is all christians duty to murder them!!!

1 If they dont fall for tricksters why do they flock to men like Osama bin Laden. He is using them to fight his own personal battles against his fathers allies, the Sauds and by extension the Bushes.

It seems a very personal war to me and little to do with true religion

2 They all seem to go very quiet when a bully like Brookes or Hamza stands up in their midst and starts ranting and raving.

Bullies do not go down well with Englishmen, that is why we cannot understand the aquiessence to this pair.

3 All people need a leader, to keep calling on a leader who was a brilliant and brave man, but died 1400 years ago surely is not sufficient.

IMO we all need a leader, not just Muslims, all of us who can pull us together, so we can make this world the world it should be.

If we all worked together we could be living in other panets by now.

I am not a particularly religious man, but I know that neither Jesus nor Mohammed claimed to be a Messiah.

But I think that with 8 billion people on the planet, all at each others throats, it is high time they sent us one.

1)Yup it is indeed a very personally war and little to do with religion. ‘Average muslims’ have not been flocking to men like bin Laden, only a tiny number have.

2) Why should all muslims have to defend themselves constantly? The vast majority find the views abhorrent and alien.

3) The leader ideal won't happen in the foreseeable future. Believe it or not artisan, Muslims are a very heterogeneous group, and will not be brought under any one banner.

The thing is, although muslims say they hate extremists, you never see them doing much when one starts preaching hate in the mosques do you? Arent they allowed to interrupt a preacher when hes talking or something?

If a preacher is known to have infected views, then he will draw those ‘muslims’ sympathetic to his evil call and consequently it will be unlikely that anyone will speak up.

The absolute and honest truth is that I have *never* heard hatred being preached in any mosque that I’ve visited (nearly all the ones in Sheffield and some in various other cities). If there was any hatred being spewed, I would stand up and challenge it (though to be fair, I have to say that, right?:) ).

It's about time he was arrested.

On what basis do you make the assertion that muslims are looking for a leader?

Why would they need a leader? they have a perfectly good one in Mohammed, he's been dead for 1400 years and lived in a tent in the desert but his words and leadership are all thats needed for living in this modern, technological, multicultural age.

Have got a great game to play whilst travelling around Sheffield....its called spot the white man!

Don't be a moron briggy!!

An amusing sidelight to this story is that last year Brookes was discovered to be using a muslim online dating service to find a second wife. He already has one wife (and several kids), but his religion of course allows him four. Although he is often described as a 'former electrician' he has not worked for years and lives off welfare. Presumably he would have found some way of getting the state to pay for his second wife also.

Hes entitled to his view like anyone else,Of course I disagree with him but lets not stifle free speech.

Hes entitled to his view like anyone else,Of course I disagree with him but lets not stifle free speech.

If a whale had beached its self on a shore and a black man was drowning some way off - who would you want to save first? ;)

The Jamacian who heckled John Ried at the meeting in east london is arrested under terrorism laws today.

He calls himself by some arab name now, just as Mustafa Kamel calls himself Abu Hamza.

They are both lowlifes tricking the starry eyed muslims into giving them an easy living.

It seems that the average muslim takes everyone at face value, they do not appear to recognise cynical tricksters when they are blatantly in their face.

It seems they so are so desperate for a true loyal leader, that they are willing to accept anyone.

They seem more and more to be innocents abroad, and are being led by the nose to destruction by these people.

What he says is obviously unacceptable, but he's certainly not a muslim leader. He's similar to goons like Anjem Choudary and Omar Bakri Mohammed; marginal figures who shout the loudest and therefore steal the press spotlight.

They're the muslim equivalent of the BNP.

Footie Freak,ive got nothing whatsoever against muslims or any religion,what i hate is certain people of certain religious groups come over to our country and this is OUR country and try and claim it for themselves,imagine me going over to live in pakistan and objecting to a pakistani coming to visit the city i lived in.Or imagine me ranting or raving on a street proclaiming all muslims are basically scum and that it is all christians duty to murder them!!!

And like I said - I couldn't agree more, but still wondering about this spot the white man comment in your earlier post. As I said before, there's white muslims, black christians etc. so don't see what colour has to with anything ??????