The Beautiful South have split

Sorry to hear that they've split but it's not come as a huge surprise to be honest. My personal favourite album of theirs is Gaze ; I thought their latest, Superbi, was a little disappointing but still had some good stuff.

People have said that their last single got to number 99 in the charts...........So what! The charts are mostly full of crap anyway! Teeny bop crap! If they wanted to they would have carried on.

Black Sabbath, Blur, Deep Purple, Def Leppard, The Doors, Foo Fighters, Fun Lovin' Criminals, Gomez, Gorillaz, Green Day, Guns N' Roses, Incubus, Interpol, Jane's Addiction, Marillion, Mastodon, Motorhead, Pulp, Radiohead, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Reef, Supergrass, Terrorvision, Van Halen.

And slightly less democratically, other bands have "given" credit to less or un productive members.

e.g.

The beatles liked to give Ringo a song on each album

When Wham split up George Michael gave Andrew Ridgely half of Last Christmas as a parting gift. Which pays him the kind of salary an MP gets every single year.

Cheers Muddycoffee. I did go have a look after you posted but i couldn't obviously type in the right search - every time i did i only got the Northern Scum. Terrovision & Reef don't suprise me but Blur did! I feel like I've learnt summat worthwhile today.

George Michael sorting Ridgeley out... well all that for shoving a shuttlecock down your pants!

Cheers Muddycoffee. I did go have a look after you posted but i couldn't obviously type in the right search - every time

EK,

I got that list of bands from looking at the credits in my record collection, so I doubt it is a very comprehensive list. I have a feeling that U2 do it too but I don't have any U2 records. :thumbsup:

sad to hear just the other day that the beautiful south have decided to call it a day after so many years!:(

paul and the boys will be sorely missed on the music scene after giving us so many class offerings!

they have been a credit to the music biz:)

http://mikeeey.proboards77.com/index.cgi

Already a thread about this sad news mikey. The search facility is your friend.

Bands split, it's what happens, you've just got to carry on regardless.

...you've just got to carry on regardless.

Very good :lol: .

:cry: Homespun played at the Boardwalk and I didn't go as it was my mate's birthday and that's not what she wanted to do. :|

Fear not Edna dear - I think they cancelled at the last minute due to band illness. Check with the Boardwalk as it might be rescheduled!

Fear not Edna dear - I think they cancelled at the last minute due to band illness. Check with the Boardwalk as it might be rescheduled!

Oh ty Feargal! :) Yeah someone else has pmed me to tell me the same. Will have to look out for it. I keep jinxing gigs.... first The Gift, then Kasabian, then Nerina Pallot, then Homespun.