England 0 spain 1

i notice how u state fit :hihi: does that mean i cant say hargreaves because u know he is better ?????

what does it matter if he is not fit ... he is better and wont be injured for much longer

No it means that if you are going to criticise Carrick being picked to play in the last England game you should be able to say who would have done a better job.

Hargreaves is obviously a very good player (though it took long enough for most England fans to realise that) the question of whether or not he's better than Carrick it is hard to answer as they a rather different players with very different styles of play. Sven obviously thought he was better though as much to the nations disgust he dropped Carrick for Hargreaves in the World Cup. Hargreaves is probably stronger destructively and at carrying the ball with Carrick's creative play and range of passing being better

And why name english

Because this is a thread about the England team perhaps?

.... ok for the english team but for man u who could buy most players ..... there are alot better players than carrick IMO

Like who? Anyway Sir Alex obviously disagrees and seeing as the United side in which Carrick has been virtually ever present is top of the league and still in all major cup competitions he would seem to be on to something.

No it means that if you are going to criticise Carrick being picked to play in the last England game you should be able to say who would have done a better job.

Hargreaves is obviously a very good player (though it took long enough for most England fans to realise that) the question of whether or not he's better than Carrick it is hard to answer as they a rather different players with very different styles of play. Sven obviously thought he was better though as much to the nations disgust he dropped Carrick for Hargreaves in the World Cup. Hargreaves is probably stronger destructively and at carrying the ball with Carrick's creative play and range of passing being better

Because this is a thread about the England team perhaps?

Like who? Anyway Sir Alex obviously disagrees and seeing as the United side in which Carrick has been virtually ever present is top of the league and still in all major cup competitions he would seem to be on to something.

ok whatever .. but do u think when all are fit carrick will get a look in .... i think not and as for AF thinking he is the best ..... could it be that he couldnt sign hargreaves cos BM wouldnt sell ????? ...

you know as well as i do mate ... when hargreaves is fit along with gerrard and fat lampard ......... carrick does not stand a chance of getting in the england side ....... unless u become manager that is

So you concede that you can't name a better fit English holding midfield than Carrick then? If that's the case then why are you bitching about him playing for England?

ok whatever .. but do u think when all are fit carrick will get a look in .... i think not and as for AF thinking he is the best ..... could it be that he couldnt sign hargreaves cos BM wouldnt sell ????? ...

Ferguson wanted to and still wants to sign both Carrick and Hargreaves and as he wouldn't chuck that amount of money around for players to play a bit parts it would seem safe to assume that he sees Carrick & Hargreaves as the long term centre midfield partnership for Manu. In the shorter term he would seem to have in mind rotating partnerships of Carrick/Hargreaves and Scholes much in the way it used to be Scholes/Butt and Keane in the late 90s, which I must confess is hardly a prospect which fills me with dread.

Ferguson wanted to and still wants to sign both Carrick and Hargreaves and as he wouldn't chuck that amount of money around for players to play a bit parts it would seem safe to assume that he sees Carrick & Hargreaves as the long term centre midfield partnership for Manu. In the shorter term he would seem to have in mind rotating partnerships of Carrick/Hargreaves and Scholes much in the way it used to be Scholes/Butt and Keane in the late 90s, which I must confess is hardly a prospect which fills me with dread.

gerrard/alonso ..... carrick/hargreaves ........ now i know man u fans will say different but for me .... only one winner in that department.

essien/lampard .... also better for me

im not saying the partnership isnt ok but by no means the best in prem ..

gerrard/alonso ..... carrick/hargreaves ........ now i know man u fans will say different but for me .... only one winner in that department.

Dont compare Liverpool to Chelsea. I certainly dont. Chelsea are a threat for starters. The two you described are good, but after that its downhill for Liverpool.

Seeing as your Manu & Liverpool 11 includes 7 Liverpool players and only 4 Manu players:

rienna

finnan rio carra riisse

ronaldo gerrard alonso giggs

rooney kuyt

Despite the fact (which most people would consider to be rather important) that we're 16 points ahead of you, your relative judgements of Manu and Liverpool players hardly count for anything.

That gerrard/alonso isn't even your managers favoured midfield pairing hardly backs up your position either.

It's rather difficult to judge what the partnership would be like as to the best of my knowledge Carrick and Hargreaves have never played together in those roles.

Dont compare Liverpool to Chelsea. I certainly dont. Chelsea are a threat for starters. The two you described are good, but after that its downhill for Liverpool.

best defensive record in prem says different ... anyway the summer will see which departments will be improved .. im not saying all will b but there will be a definate improvement of the squad in the summer

"Seeing as your Manu & Liverpool 11 includes 7 Liverpool players and only 4 Manu players":

Seeing as 4 of my 7 were defenders and a goalkeeper and we have the best defensive record and reana has broken numerous records for clean sheets, rather backs up my selection.

"That gerrard/alonso isn't even your managers favoured midfield pairing hardly backs up your position either".

Oh and raffa told you that did he ???? why are they not the prefered pairing at liverpool ???? yes sometimes raffa moves SG out wide right but thats only because he feels that he is better there than anyone else in our squad (20 odd goals last season backs this up) but for the majority of this season he has been central, and also that raffa can do this because of the excellant job sissoko does covering SG when he is out right.

"It's rather difficult to judge what the partnership would be like as to the best of my knowledge Carrick and Hargreaves have never played together in those roles"

No and they never will when England are at full strength because whatever you say/think ..... Gerrard/lampard will always play before carrick, with hargreaves the holding player. There is no way, with all players available, that carrick will make the first 11 and you know that as well as i do.

Seeing as 4 of my 7 were defenders and a goalkeeper and we have the best defensive record and reana has broken numerous records for clean sheets, rather backs up my selection.

I see you're making 'facts' up again, United not Liverpool have the best defensive record in the Premiership not only that but they have by far the best attacking record (massively better than Liverpools) and of course a much higher points total that Liverpool. Your selection like seemingly all your judgements on football is the product of a painfully deluded and bitter mind that just can't see past the shirt.

"That gerrard/alonso isn't even your managers favoured midfield pairing hardly backs up your position either".

Oh and raffa told you that did he ????

Yes he did by consistently playing Sissoko & Alonso in the middle when they're both fit.

why are they not the prefered pairing at liverpool ???? yes sometimes raffa moves SG out wide right but thats only because he feels that he is better there than anyone else in our squad (20 odd goals last season backs this up) but for the majority of this season he has been central, and also that raffa can do this because of the excellant job sissoko does covering SG when he is out right.

Of course what many people would consider the rather significant detail of Sissoko being injured for most of this season escapes you.

No and they never will when England are at full strength because whatever you say/think ..... Gerrard/lampard will always play before carrick, with hargreaves the holding player. There is no way, with all players available, that carrick will make the first 11 and you know that as well as i do.

Seeing as your knowledge of the past and present is so lamentably lacking why on earth do you expect people to take you pronouncements about future seriously?

Seeing as your knowledge of the past and present is so lamentably lacking why on earth do you expect people to take you pronouncements about future seriously?

So you disagree that carrick will never be a regular because frankly he is not good enough compared to the other players previously stated ..... you dodged that last time as you always dodge the points you know are right.

Oh and by the way .... you cannot claim to know that raffa prefers sissoko/alonso as his central pairing ...... yes he played them often last season but only because SG was doing such a good job on the right (another thing carrick cannot do .... adapt)

When liverpool buy a top class right winger, which they have said they are looking for), then u will see SG/Alonso resumed in the middle because frankly they are the best pairing in the prem if not in europe

So you disagree that carrick will never be a regular because frankly he is not good enough compared to the other players previously stated ..... you dodged that last time as you always dodge the points you know are right.

He's only 25 and baring severe injury should have a long career ahead of him it's simply absurd to so emphatically declare that 'carrick will never be a regular' for England, particularly when your assorted absurd statements in this thread and else where make it painfully obvious you don't know what you're talking about.

Oh and by the way .... you cannot claim to know that raffa prefers sissoko/alonso as his central pairing ...... yes he played them often last season

And again this season until Sissoko got injured.

but only because SG was doing such a good job on the right (another thing carrick cannot do .... adapt)

When liverpool buy a top class right winger, which they have said they are looking for), then u will see SG/Alonso resumed in the middle because frankly they are the best pairing in the prem if not in europe

If as you claim Benitez doesn't prefer Sissoko and Alsonso in the middle then why on earth did he sign Sissoko and immediately play him in the middle breaking up 'the best pairing in the prem if not in europe' playing Gerrard up front, on the right... everywhere but the middle in the first place.