England 0 spain 1

So why in your opinion are Spurs so much worse despite amongst other things unlike last season having a top quality striker after signing Berbatov? Why if not because they so badly miss Carrick are they in 11th rather than 4th place at this point in the season? Why have they lost as many games and conceded as many goals as they did the whole of last season? Why did they start the season so badly and still fail to really get going?

mate it happens .......... y are west ham worse off this season than last .... y are everton ....... charlton ......... the list goes on

Teams who have good seasons often have bad seasons thereafter .... u cannot prove that spurs are so much worse this season just because carrick left. berbatov as u say is a good player but often good forign players dont settle ...... as he hasnt for spurs this season. there could be many reasons for spurs poor form .......

So basically your argument amounts to 'they just are', pathetic.

So basically your argument amounts to 'they just are', pathetic.

no i wouldnt say they are pathetic .. just that maybe they have stood still a little and have players off form, other teams around them are having better seasons than last year and have improved their squads etc .... i just dont think carrick leaving is the sole reason for their demise

And whats the betting the press (and half the population) still reckon that we've still got a team of "world class" players.

They are world class players, they just never work well together because they're all out for themselves

They are world class players, they just never work well together because they're all out for themselves

out for themselves ..... :huh: what do they get out of it then if they are not winning anything and dont say money cos they earn way too much from there clubs. i agree that they dont work well together (formation - manager tactics) .. i wouldnt say tho whole squad was world class (p neville, etc) but i cant see how they are out for themselves ?? they just dont work/play well as a team.

lampard needs culling from the squad. time to move on frank. overated.

soon as barton came on the energy of the squad shifted dramatically, lampard just brings a stale stagnant mood to the squad.

doesnt ever really do anything good apart from the very occasional flukey 30 yard goal deflected off a defenders thigh.

mclaren is a waste of space too. team selection is awful.

england have a lot of untapped potential.

West Ham were relegated with Michael Carrick in their side and he was far from outstanding in his time in the Championship as I remember.

He's got some talent, there's no doubt about it. But he also has a heart the size of a pea.

On another point made on the thread, England don't have world class players. That is just press hype. We simply do not possess the level of technique needed to compete. We do not produce skilful footballers.

McClaren, though inept, is a scapegoat. If players cannot perform the basics of passing a football and moving in to space then it doesn't matter if you have a coaching team of Cappello, Lippi, Mourinho, Scolari or whoever: failure is inevitable.

of course you can blame mclaren he isnt merely a scapegoat, his team selection was awful!

granted english players havent the technical ability or overall potential of some other national teams, but with the right selections and formations theres no reason at all why they wouldnt stand as good a chance as any other team.

i always think a team isnt about the sum of the parts (mclarens mentality) more how the individual components interact. so basically a well put together team of mediocre players could outplay a team thrown together of big names.

mclaren opts for the latter. 4-3-3? what a load of cobblers.

england aint gonna go nowhere until they are managed by someone with enough balls to try something different and daring. but with people like mclaren we will continue to see the same tired 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 rubbish and see the england squad crash and burn in early stages of tournaments like whats been going on for years and years and years.:loopy:

for instance, crouch would be better in a sort of utility midfield role i think, almost like a viera role instead of this 'lets hit him with a longball and hope his weak header dribbles in'. johnson and rooney upfront

barton carrick defensive midfield, barry out on the left, lennon on the right

bridge, woodgate, p.neville back 3

foster in goal.

3-5-2

for instance, crouch would be better in a sort of utility midfield role i think, almost like a viera role instead of this 'lets hit him with a longball and hope his weak header dribbles in'. johnson and rooney upfront

barton carrick defensive midfield, barry out on the left, lennon on the right

bridge, woodgate, p.neville back 3

foster in goal.

3-5-2

no gerrard ...... what a load of .........

i agree with everything else but carrick over gerrard .. dont think so

no i wouldnt say they are pathetic ..

It's your argument that's pathetic not Tottenham.

just that maybe they have stood still a little and have players off form, other teams around them are having better seasons than last year and have improved their squads etc ....

And I suppose it's just a coincidence that the team Carrick joined has got better, particularly in the midfield area where he plays and that the team he left have got much worse, particularly in the midfield area where he played for them :rolleyes:

i just dont think carrick leaving is the sole reason for their demise

Don't strawman me, I never said Carrick was the sole reason just that he is a very important one for Tottenham's marked decline and a significant factor in United's considerable improvement this season.

lampard needs culling from the squad. time to move on frank. overated.

soon as barton came on the energy of the squad shifted dramatically, lampard just brings a stale stagnant mood to the squad.

doesnt ever really do anything good apart from the very occasional flukey 30 yard goal deflected off a defenders thigh.

Oh come off it, I'm by no means Lampards biggest fan but even I can see that his goal scoring record is too good and too sustained to be down to luck.