England 0 spain 1

It was a dreadful performance.

First time I've shouted at the TV for ages.

The selection, although hindered by injuries, was dreadful. Phil Neville FGS.

No tactics and the passing was awful, if not non existent.

I don't blame Wright Phillips for his performance. He is a good player who doesn't get to play enough. He should go back to City.

Get Wenger in and get it sorted. No chance, unfortunately.

agree with u about SWP he doesnt get enough playing time to be consistant ....... he wont get any with england aswell i dont think as when Lennon returns he will take the right wing spot IMO

Lampard and Gerrard again proved that they are incapable of running a midfield and also showed, again, a mutual reluctance to break sweat.

Talk about formationzzzz all you like. These two can talk the talk - witness their arrogant response to Joey Barton's verbal kick up the backside - but prove time and time again they can't walk the walk without a foreign bloke sitting beside them sweeping up the holes they leave.

Still, they get paid a fortune and have the tabloids regularly massaging their egos, so who cares about their clear limitations as footballers?

Echo the sentiments about Phil Neville. He tries hard and full credit to him for that. But why he starts and not Gareth Barry, or Matt Taylor, is a mystery of the sort which only future technologies will be able to decipher.

Playing Keiron Dyer as a second striker is also lunacy. The bloke has scored a grand total of 33 league goals in his entire career spanning ten years.

Why did Barton get just 12 minutes? Why does Carrick prancea round in the centre circle thinking he's Michele Platini? Where is David Bentley, Gabriel Agbonlahor, Jolean Lescott - players who may have a bit of hunger left in them to actually wear the shirt with pride and do well?

Time to get rid of the old guard and start again before the fans stop coming back permanently. Because last night was an affront to all the players who have worn the Enlgand shirt in the past with dignity.

Allardyce for me he should have been installed as soon as they got rid of Sven.

Lampard and Gerrard again proved that they are incapable of running a midfield and also showed, again, a mutual reluctance to break sweat.

Talk about formationzzzz all you like. These two can talk the talk - witness their arrogant response to Joey Barton's verbal kick up the backside - but prove time and time again they can't walk the walk without a foreign bloke sitting beside them sweeping up the holes they leave.

Still, they get paid a fortune and have the tabloids regularly massaging their egos, so who cares about their clear limitations as footballers?

Echo the sentiments about Phil Neville. He tries hard and full credit to him for that. But why he starts and not Gareth Barry, or Matt Taylor, is a mystery of the sort which only future technologies will be able to decipher.

Playing Keiron Dyer as a second striker is also lunacy. The bloke has scored a grand total of 33 league goals in his entire career spanning ten years.

Why did Barton get just 12 minutes? Why does Carrick prancea round in the centre circle thinking he's Michele Platini? Where is David Bentley, Gabriel Agbonlahor, Jolean Lescott - players who may have a bit of hunger left in them to actually wear the shirt with pride and do well?

Time to get rid of the old guard and start again before the fans stop coming back permanently. Because last night was an affront to all the players who have worn the Enlgand shirt in the past with dignity.

agree with everything u say apart from the gerrard / lampard section.

I believe , like u say that they consistently put on a shoddy show when played together. I think its time the manager had a bit of bottle and not worry about there world status and drop one of them. They cannot play together as both are too much attack minded which leaves holes all over the midfield. One or the other for me, the manager has to manage the team, thats what he is paid for so he has to have the balls to sit one on the bench. I personally believe gerrard to be a better all round player (well i would haha) but that is S Macs decision, ,..... doubt he'll do it tho

Ease of people, to be fair all the should have got was a draw, if it wasnt for a pretty decent goal that is! But you have to think who was missing to..

Even Wright phillips proved how good he was, yet again. Ha.

England were absolutely shocking last night, it reminded me of the graham taylor days when the england fans were booing at the end.

I endured the first half then decided I couldn't suffer any more so went to bed.

Shaun Wright Philips never was nor ever will be international quality....unless you're Steve McClaren, that is (who also thinks Phil Neville is a left back).

yeah have to agree with you about wright phillips--he couldnt beat an egg never mind a defender--why chelsea paid all that money for him is beyond belief i m o:suspect:

http://mikeeey.proboards77.com/index.cgi

just one word on the vastly overated michael carrick--"rubbish!"

ere ere .... couldnt agree more ..... and im sure even man u fans will agree they paid way over the odds for him ... nothing special at all IMO

ere ere .... couldnt agree more ..... and im sure even man u fans will agree they paid way over the odds for him ... nothing special at all IMO

Compare Spurs when they had Carrick to now without him, compare Man U without Carrick last season to this season with him.

Carrick is an excellent player United are much better with him and Spurs are half the team without him, if we win the league (and with him in the team we have a damn good chance of doing so) then it will have been £14m well spent.

yeah have to agree with you about wright phillips--he couldnt beat an egg never mind a defender--why chelsea paid all that money for him is beyond belief i m o:suspect:

Chelsea paid all that money because at City he was a wonderful player, unfortunately Mourinho has ruined him, SWP needs to get away from Chelsea ASAP to get his career back on track.

With a choice between Lennon and a SWP back to his level of performance at City England would have a strong right wing.

Compare Spurs when they had Carrick to now without him, compare Man U without Carrick last season to this season with him.

Carrick is an excellent player United are much better with him and Spurs are half the team without him, if we win the league (and with him in the team we have a damn good chance of doing so) then it will have been £14m well spent.

i see what your saying but couldnt your good run be down to C Ronaldos form ..... more settled defensively etc ..... dont think its down to carrick been bought.