England 0 spain 1

Yeah I agree usual England ****e (bar the first 3mins), I'm supporting Germany from now on. :hihi:

I thought they were really good.

Then the clock ticked over three minutes, and everyone gave up. :loopy:

Another England performance that was as exciting as snail racing and as fluid as dry concrete. And to think that we still cling onto the fading memories of that day 41 years ago. Nothing won before and nothing won since, and we are no nearer to winning anything. Our best chance of silverware, albeit a solid gold trophy, was the 2006 World Cup, but alas that came and went, and the outlook doesn't get any rosier. What is the betting that England still won't have won another trophy by 2050?

And whats the betting the press (and half the population) still reckon that we've still got a team of "world class" players.

:wave: welcome back mikeyspikey! :wave:

Terrible performance by England. First 3 mins great, then went downhill from there. Joey Barton came on too late to make a difference. Wright-Phillips should have attacked the players more instead of crossing too early.

McClaren is not the man for the job and this will be proved time and time again. He said he was not making excuses but in the same breath mentions half the team are out injured! Er... excuse me, look at the names that were out there! Maybe he was too quick to freeze Becks out as there was nobody out there who looked like they were going to do anything special.

SPAIN-FUL is the general press response the morning after!

thought only woodgate merited a mention as he fitted in like he had never been away ..... calm and solid performance

Thought decision to play P Neville left back is a joke and he played like a joke .... incapable of overlapping and when he did manage to get over the half way line, cut back onto right foot every time to lump a ball into the box ... shocking.

If this is what we have to look forward to under SM then we better get ready to taste defeat time and time again because quite frankly .... we are not a good team!!

im not a fan of joey barton but give him credit cos he looked like the only player who wanted to try and win the game when he came on!

and how kieran dyer could be preffered up front to jermain defoe beggars belief!

btw where was wayne bridge?

http://mikeeey.proboards77.com/index.cgi

I thought they were really good.

Then the clock ticked over three minutes, and everyone gave up. :loopy:

i must have missed these crucial minutes, must have been when i fell asleep :hihi:

Anyone else think SM hasnt got the first idea of what he is talking about ...

I know the following players i am gonna mention play in different positions, but its SMs comments that im refering too here ....

Ok .. he takes over as top man and needs to make a statement, a big one, that im the boss and this is my team. So, he drops beckham claiming that he wanted to look to the future of england, youth and balance. Ok, big statement made, Beckham, big player, world famous ..... SM has arrived.

He follows this up then by picking P Neville. Can anyone tell me how this is looking to the future of English football and the youth coming through ??????

Can anyone explain how, when in a friendly, where we should be blooding youth, trying to get a good settled team who will be familiar with each other ready for the next big tournament, can pick a mediocre player, put him out of position, in a position that is so important to the way we play our game and our formation ?????? What the hell is he doing.

People, in my opinion the men above need to realise what a mistake they have made appointing such a berk, and go get a real manager, before SM drags us down as far as to be the laughing stock of world football.