Kids TV programmes at lunch time

Which programme was it that said 'Which window shall we looked through today?' I thought it was the one with Zippy in, but I have been told it wasn't. Anyone help please? Thanks.

Which programme was it that said 'Which window shall we looked through today?' I thought it was the one with Zippy in, but I have been told it wasn't. Anyone help please? Thanks.

Play School was the programme with the section where they showed a film clip, and asked "Guess whether we're going to look through the round/ square/ arched window"

Rainbow was the show with Zippy.(and Bungle, George and Rod-Jane-and-Freddie")

does anyone else think that Hamble was a strange name for a doll, or did I dream it?

Can any member remember the 20 min shows ITV showed at 12.10 lunchtime in the late 70's thru to the 80's

I remember Pipkins, Hickory House, Jamie and the Magic Torch, Rainbow (how can anyone forget that ). There was also Button Moon and Paper Play. But the one i remember and no one else seems too was Issinono, if im correct it was about a panda living in a tree house ?

Anyone remember anymore ?

i did a poem once about camberwick green:

Whatever happened to brian cant

can you remember i can't

we're all off to camberwick green

to see all the things that we can see

whatever happened to mr mayor

and his butler who lived there

at the town hall

they were always there at ten past one

when you'd had your dinner and the telly was on

remember the fire engoine

or was that trumpton

can you remember i cant

i've got a camberwick green jigsaw

and you haven't

there were those tunes

that filled your living room

windy miller

what a thriller

the great bit was right at the end

when they had the brass band

at the bandstand

and everyone came to the village green

at the heart of camberwick green

and they always played the same tune

the one that filled your living room

and reminded you it was dinner time

and the chuffer train came dwn the line

as brian cant sang hsl little chant

what were the names of the firemen

they were always in a hurry

there and back again

or did they live in trumpton

and was it a tuesday they were on

can you remember i cant

....and at school i started a club called the bod and playschool club. the rule was you had to watch pipkins at dinnertime.

years later i met one of the pipkins writers. he was amazed when i recited a load of his own script to him from memory!

:hihi::loopy::thumbsup:

does anyone else think that Hamble was a strange name for a doll, or did I dream it?

no, LH, t'was, alas,no dream... :( the two dolls were, indeed, Jemima (the red-wool-haired ragdoll) and Hamble (the ugly-looking baby doll with short dark hair).

no, LH, t'was, alas,no dream... :( the two dolls were, indeed, Jemima (the red-wool-haired ragdoll) and Hamble (the ugly-looking baby doll with short dark hair).

my god, I hated Hamble, she used to scare me!

i used to watch rainbow & my mum says i would cry for ages after buttonmoon went off. there was this other programme i used to watch too that i cant remember the name off. when i mention it people think i'm making it up unless its just me describing it wrong. all i really remember is this tree with an owl sat in it & someone would put something in the tree trunk, the owl would "twit twooo" they would open the tree trunk back up & something else would be there.

i know i'm not making it up, i just havent a clue what it was called, any ideas anyone?

I remember it! I think it's Greenclaws.... I used to kind of remember it and then I saw an advert on Ceebeebies (or however it's spelt!) I think, and they flashed up a picture of Greenclaws and realised that's what I was thinking of. Never seen it scheduled though and I can't remember much about it...

I remember coming back from school at dinnertime, having sausages and beans, and watching the kids programmes. There's another I remember, there was a girl and a boy leprechaun type things who sat at a wishing well.... No idea what it was called - but thinking about it, it might have been part of Greenclaws...? This is in the early 90's....

We had a couple of Watch With Mother videos growing up too - we had this one, and this one. They were nice to watch cos it wasn't stuff that was on tv when I was growing up, so it was something different. I especially love Pogel's Wood, Barnaby, The Herbs and there was one on the older video with a puppet sausage dog, and a woman showing you how to make paper lanterns and told a story about Bottle Island. Brilliant :P

I remember (must be late 70's/early 80's) watching the Cedar Tree at lunchtime when I used to go to my mum's for lunch from work. As soon as it finished it was time for me to return to work. I used to get picked up opposite West Bar police station and my mum lived on Broomhall flats, it used to take us about 10 minutes to get there - don't suppose it would be possible to do the same journey these days with all the traffic congestion around that area now.

Play School was the programme with the section where they showed a film clip, and asked "Guess whether we're going to look through the round/ square/ arched window"

Rainbow was the show with Zippy.(and Bungle, George and Rod-Jane-and-Freddie")

Thanks for that Plain Talker. I appreciate it.

I remember (must be late 70's/early 80's) watching the Cedar Tree at lunchtime when I used to go to my mum's for lunch from work. As soon as it finished it was time for me to return to work. I used to get picked up opposite West Bar police station and my mum lived on Broomhall flats, it used to take us about 10 minutes to get there - don't suppose it would be possible to do the same journey these days with all the traffic congestion around that area now.

Yeah I remember the Cedar Tree as well, was it set in the 1920's or something like that? A sort of soap/drama for lunchtime.

Does anyone remember James the Cat?

He was a large black & white cat that like to chase butterflies. Its theme tune went something like 'James the cat .. Gowinging fat.. chasing birds & butterflies.. hes james the cat..

I think it went something like that

If I remember correctly the song went, My names James do de do, James the cat, I have fame do dee doo de do, money and all that, now I'am here, big and black, chasing birds and butterflies, James the Cat.

I can also remember the Flumps, Magic Roundabout, the Hurbs (Parsley the Lion, Dillan the Dog, Bayleave the Gardener, Rosamy, Bazzle), Trupton, Rainbow (Zippy, George and Bungle, Matthew, Rod, Jane and Freddy), Willow the Whisp ( Evil Edan the TV), Rent-a-ghost (Timathy Claypole and Miss Popoff (Ardiay Roberts)), Button Moon, Fargel Rock, Camolwick Green (Here is a box, wound up and ready to play), Finger Mouse, Danger Mouse (Penfold (David Jayson - Del Boy), Danger Mouse, Kernal K and Barron Zaceria Greenback), Count Duckular, Puddle Lane, The Wombells, Ivor the Engine, Postman Pat and Bertha.

Those where happy days :cool: