Sign in to follow this  

Football puzzles

Wonder if any footie fans can explain what's happened to the

national leagues since last season.

As a casual observer I seem to have lost the whereabouts of our local sides.I thought Wednesday were in the 2nd Division but that league has gone.I now see that they are in the Cola 1st

division which sounds like promotion.And what is that team called MK -is it Milton Keynes? I thought that was a shopping centre.If so where is the Meadowhall squad?

Terribly confusing -bring back the Third Division North and South.

You could walk to every match in those days.

And what are Radio Sheffield doing in all this.Their sports output is just Coca Cola interspersed with football commercials.

Originally posted by BAZZO

Wonder if any footie fans can explain what's happened to the

national leagues since last season.

As a casual observer I seem to have lost the whereabouts of our local sides.I thought Wednesday were in the 2nd Division but that league has gone.I now see that they are in the Cola 1st

division which sounds like promotion.And what is that team called MK -is it Milton Keynes? I thought that was a shopping centre.If so where is the Meadowhall squad?

Terribly confusing -bring back the Third Division North and South.

You could walk to every match in those days.

And what are Radio Sheffield doing in all this.Their sports output is just Coca Cola interspersed with football commercials.

It was all a ploy led by Sheffield Wendy to get them back into Division One so that they could boast that last years marketing campaign worked. Now they are trying to figure out how to make the Premier Return marketing campaign seem like it worked. They tried the "we will be in Europe" one by playing in the Ibiza Cup pre season but only 80% of the Wendy fans bought this.

I suppose that the Untidyites will relish in the fact that once again they will Neilly win something..........eeerrrr let me see when did they actually win something...maybe a cup? They did get to play at wembley one year and were put into their place by the better side in Sheffield, oh and perhaps next year there might be another...ooops Wednesday can't be the first in the bottom league the Untidy beat us to that....the only thing they have beaten us too for a long time...lol

Originally posted by owdlad

I suppose that the Untidyites will relish in the fact that once again they will Neilly win something..........eeerrrr let me see when did they actually win something...maybe a cup? They did get to play at wembley one year and were put into their place by the better side in Sheffield, oh and perhaps next year there might be another...ooops Wednesday can't be the first in the bottom league the Untidy beat us to that....the only thing they have beaten us too for a long time...lol

Ha ha. If I remember rightly, the last time the two met was oooh ages ago now because Wendy went down. And the score was 3-1. And Wendy were well and truly beaten.

In all seriousness, though, I grew up and at school through the 70's and 80's when United were down and Wendy were on the up. The taunts I had to put up with being a Blade at Southey Green School and Chaucer in the heart of Wendy land. Am I relishing their misfortune now? Too right I am.

http://www.football-league.premiumtv.co.uk

check out this site it will give you all the info you need ,by the way MK are the old Wimbledon they are known as Milton Keyne Dons. Typical of a wendy ite to go to the past,Sufc are the best team in yorkshire & have been for the last few seasons.

All I'm gonna say on the subject is

Blue for the boys/men/studs

Red for the girls/saps/mincers

nuff said methinks

Anyhow Blades fans - show us the league cup you won? or ever played in europe?

Second rate, Second rate and full of Owls these days - perhaps its a backdoor merger with our REJECTS

Originally posted by Internetowl

Second rate, Second rate and full of Owls these days - perhaps its a backdoor merger with our REJECTS

Who want's the league cup all the major teams think it's a joke. & how well did swfc do in europe??????

Originally posted by tosh13

Who want's the league cup all the major teams think it's a joke. & how well did swfc do in europe??????

Better than either Untidy or that lot from Barnsley...when again did they ever qualify for europe ? let me refresh your memory it rhymes with clever

The League cup wasn't second rate when you got to the semi-final. It still carries a European place and you'd be mad to turn down the chance of a EUFA cup spot.

United are far more likely at the moment to get somewhere in the League Cup than we are. If all the 'big' teams are writing it off as a waste of time it's there for the taking for a fair few 'Championship' sides. Get into Europe and you can suddenly attract bigger and better names.. and so on.

typical comment of a sour owl

Memories. Like the corners of my mind. Misty waters coloured memories ......

We might not have won anything two seasons ago but we had a damn fine time. Especially as Wendy went down that season as well.

But you continue with your memories hun. It's a damn sight better than the rubbish being played down there at mo.