Dying - How do you feel about it?

I would like to think that I could somehow meet up with the people who had gone before me. It would be nice to also think that you could just go back into another pool of life. I suppose realistically speaking I am apprehensive. I mean who in their right mind would be actually looking forward to it!!

Being dead doesn't worry me.

It's the dying part that scares me. I want to be able to make peace with myself and know that there's enough morphine available.

I've experience the physical feeling of dying and being regifted life earlier this year. It's just an accelerated version of becoming unfit and growing old. It made me realised that 'getting old' and becoming 'unfit', 'unhealthy' are just euphemisms for dying.

If your becoming unfit, your actually dying. I can't believe so many people in this country see exercise and physical fitness as such a terrible option. I also don't see the point of working until your 70 just to sit down on the sofa because you haven't respected the gift of life.

On the plus side, the feeling of regaining / becoming fit again is like being reborn. I managed to run up Carterknowle Road a few days ago (1 steep up hill mile) and have scaled Sca Fell. It's good to be alive

A tad freaky, but what if peoples brains were to be removed and added to a machine, similar to the matrix, but without the body. Then we could live forever, look and feel how we want on a big internet system of brains.

Not afraid to die.. I just hope my kids outlive me.

I honestly believe there's something else to move onto.. just not sure what. I'll find out when it's my time eh?

If we are to believe in the term "Body and Soul" with the body being organic and the soul being a force or energy, then i believe in the scientific adage that energy can't be destroyed, just transformed into a different state.

Dying is just moving onto another plane, we are but time travellers and this is just one phase of our travels. Having said that......

I wanna die like me Grandad in my sleep , not like the rest of the passengers in his coach screaming in terror...lol. oh well another day nearer the crematorium.

owdlad.

in 97 i knew my daughter who was 8yrs at this time that she might not b here for too much longer

, i gave her 18ths/2yrs for sum unknown reason

and thought very hard about when the time was to come

what would happen and how and why etc

id always said it would b nicer 4her 2go in her sleep

and not hooked up to ventilaters etc and for me and my family watch my child die

its the worse any1 can go though she died 2yrs 3mths later age 10yr

but i do think its nicer for people to go peacefully

my little girl went to bed laughing with a fit of giggles as always

im just sorry i didnt know it was her last night

but i know she didnt suffer as i did get told the progress of what happens when we die by her great consulant who was totally honest and

answerd every question i asked

she just went to sleep and didnt wake up something that i carry with me always in my mind and heart

Ange your post made me cry. Im not scared of dying, cos i know im going to heaven, im looking forward to it, not that im rushing or anything, im just not atall scared. more scared of other people dying like family and friends. my boyfriends best firend died a couple of weeks ago, at 24, running up the stairs, tripped and got computer wire strangled him and he died. just shows, he was running upstairs back to his computer conversation.

you should value your life as much as possible, live healthy, stop smoking, exercise etc. I have recently stopped smoking, now drink under a 1/4 of what i used to and living a lot healthier i feel 100% better.

linds

x

it's actually the death of other people that bothers me more than myself. In fact, the death of the family dog in another 7 or 10 years time can me make me pretty upset. But that's not pain for them, it's just selfishness, we don't want other people to be gone, they are part of our lives (anthropmorphism onto the dog there, for the purpose of this conversation he's a person).

Originally posted by Cyclone

it's actually the death of other people that bothers me more than myself.

I agree, selfish I know, but to say having children or a life long partner die, it would be so hard living without them, when you are to die, you die, your entire existence can be over in a second in some cases.

When I was about 12 years old I lost my Aunt Francis, a game old lady who was very dear to me. It was the first time that someone dying had actually had a major impact on me - to this day I remember what was on television the moment that I heard.

I remember being scared to death about dying for several months afterwards, but eventually it just became something I was comfortable about. I'm not afraid to die - I just want to do a lot before I go! I'd be genuinely sad to leave the world behind because it really is a marvellous place in so many ways.

I've had a few occasions when I've had run ins with death - involving bears and cars, primarily, and am very open minded about it. I treat it very much as moving to a different room in terms of existence.

Like someone else has said, the deaths of others concern me more than my own. For many years the prospect of the death of my mother was a great concern; when it finally came it was 'right' if that makes sense.

Ange, I have to say that a great tragedy in anyone's life is to see their own children die. It isn't 'right' in any way, shape or form. I hope that the passing of the years between now and then have made things a little easier.

I find it harder to deal with the deaths of people younger than me than the deaths of those older.

My main thing about death is that I'd like to be remembered with love and warmth by those I've left behind. There is a rather interesting little book called 'The Bridge of San Luis Rey' by Thornton Wilder, which is about the deaths of 5 people in an accident in Peru. The last lines of the book are :

"There is a land of the living and a land of the dead, and the bridge is love, the only survival, the only meaning"

Anyway who says we are going to the same place,some around here will be going down a level or two,lol

Besides I beleive in resurection so I might come back and haunt some of you lot in another form.