Tired of people lambasting Tony

What crimes has he commited to justify this course. ?

Crimes against peace. i.e. instigation of a war of aggression.

So the flying of packed passenger aircraft into the WTC was an act of conciliation then was it?

The taking of over 5000 lives in an instant, in the worst terrorist action we have had taken against us?

We lost over 200 people dont forget.

Our people are not the warmongers, we are the peacemakers and always have been.

Even Colts first revolver was called the peacemaker.

Soft words may turn aside wrath, but superior firepower does it better.

Why do you hold 'honours' in such high esteem?.

I will answer that question for you, because you hold yourself in such low esteem.

You must think that because somebody is Lady this or Lord that, that they are somehow better than you.

What better way to destroy the honours system by totally dragging it through the muck.

You have pop singers with Knighthoods and peerages, you have people wh o have bought their way in. Second rate foreign actors who live abroad 'honoured'

We have recently seen on our TV's a man who is an ex con being lauded as someone who should have a say in others lives, and he still retains a 'lordship'

The entire system is rotten and is about to fall.

Just make sure you are out of they way when it does, and not still looking starry-eyed at them.

If nothing else Blair can say he destroyed the honours system forever. :thumbsup:

I have to agree with you that Blair has taken abuse of the system further than anybody before, but an honours system is not a bad thing if well managed.

Does anybody object to David Attenborough's knighthood? Or the OBEs and MBEs given to people who have dedicated their lives to charities?

Brain-dead footballers and drug-taking philandering pop stars being knighted is a disgrace, but don't tar the whole lot with the same brush - that wouldn't be fair.

Mod note:

Artisan, please remember your manners with a lady. You're a well respected member and I don't expect to have to mention it again.

Thanks.

Mod note:

Artisan, please remember your manners with a lady. You're a well respected member and I don't expect to have to mention it again.

Thanks.

I apologise unequivocally to pattricia and to everyone, my mouth was running away with me.

'Dons sackcloth and ashes' :(

hey phan. meant to say this a while back, but what happened to your last avatar? much preferred it's surprise smiley face to this grumpy one! :)

a further thought on the whole tony thing, is why do people just remember points of contention instead of all the things he has attempted to do, or done well?

for example, peace in northern ireland.

who would have believed it possible, 10 years ago?

a further thought on the whole tony thing, is why do people just remember points of contention instead of all the things he has attempted to do, or done well?

John Major ought to get the credit for that,he was the one who made it possible.

John Major?

That was John Major's baby....

Just thought I'd add to the general chorus :)

StarSparkle

The name seems to ring a bell, Major?

Was he Dianes butler?

I am sure I remember that name from somewhere

So the flying of packed passenger aircraft into the WTC was an act of conciliation then was it?

The taking of over 5000 lives in an instant, in the worst terrorist action we have had taken against us?

We lost over 200 people dont forget.

Our people are not the warmongers, we are the peacemakers and always have been.

Even Colts first revolver was called the peacemaker

And decades of peace followed its creation?

Soft words may turn aside wrath, but superior firepower does it better.

What has any of that got to do with TB and Iraq?

If you were to judge TB by the same measures used in the Nurnberg proceedings, then he is unequivocally guilty of crimes against peace. That in itself does not exonerate anyone else for their crimes, as you seem to suggest.

Of course, Nurnberg was a victors court, but there are no clear victors in this current conflict.