Tired of people lambasting Tony

Evenin all :)

(NB: before i continue, would just like to say...this is not a thread about the pros/cons of our war with iraq).

Wish people would stop hounding tony! he said he's going to leave before september.....so let him get on with his job until then. Gordonbennett!

is anyone else sick to death of this?

Think he's a good man who did what he thought was right. That is what we elected him to do.

He holds a position of power, with no end of enemies waiting in the wings and ready to jump on him at the drop of a hat. and it makes me :gag:.

Has there been any leader in history where everyone has remained adoring till the end? don't think so. why is this? is it a reflection of the pessimistic nature of us brits?

wish people would leave him to get on with it.

...all this constant pick-pick-picking makes me :mad:

serves no purpose at all

I thought you were referring to the Forum's very own 'Tony' until I read it.

Sorry :?

I thought you were referring to the Forum's very own 'Tony' until I read it.

Sorry :?

Moi, aussi :D

There's nothing more fun than a good lambasting ... except for the victim, of course.

Has there been any leader in history where everyone has remained adoring till the end?

Maybe this is one for the quotes thread, but as Enoch Powell said "all political careers end in failure".

Evenin all :)

(NB: before i continue, would just like to say...this is not a thread about the pros/cons of our war with iraq).

Wish people would stop hounding tony! he said he's going to leave before september.....so let him get on with his job until then. Gordonbennett!

is anyone else sick to death of this?

Think he's a good man who did what he thought was right. That is what we elected him to do.

He holds a position of power, with no end of enemies waiting in the wings and ready to jump on him at the drop of a hat. and it makes me :gag:.

Has there been any leader in history where everyone has remained adoring till the end? don't think so. why is this? is it a reflection of the pessimistic nature of us brits?

wish people would leave him to get on with it.

...all this constant pick-pick-picking makes me :mad:

serves no purpose at all

He cant help being a nerd though can he ?

He cant help being a nerd though can he ?

That's just a vile calumny against nerds :hihi:

That's just a vile calumny against nerds :hihi:

I know what nerd means but not calumny, ruby.:cool:

Why should a prime minister not be scrutinised, or held to account?

Why should a prime minister not be scrutinised, or held to account?

Exactly, and this one certainly needs some scrutinising .!!:loopy:

I know what nerd means but not calumny, ruby.:cool:

some similar words ... I meant it was an insult to nerds to say Mr Blair PM was one :D

abuse, animadversion, backbiting, backhanded compliment, black eye*, calumny, defamation, detraction, dirty dig*, dump, hit*, invective, knock*, libel, obloquy, put-down*, rap*, slam*, slander, smear*, vituperation

definitions supplied courtesy of Websters Online Thesaurus

but he's bent and dealing with bent people.

He started bent with his promise to stop sky TV getting all the best sport and after a trip to OZ to meet mr m. that promise went out of the window.

Odd that M's newspapers dicided to support tony at the same time.

he stayed bent helping mandleson return to government after the mortgate form job and helped him get a plum job in europe after he did it again with bent passports for more bent mates.

He lied to get us into a war and there is a fair chance he's got some backhand deal with bent bush and now he's being interviewed by the cops about flogging honours for more bent cash.

he stops being a bent git and i'll stop having a pop at the crook