Has anyone been to Newquay?

It's a fantastic place! Me and a mate went during the summer of last year and I enjoyed every minute of it! We stayed at Sunnyside campsite, it's a place aimed at young people (18-30's).

Sweet, Wont be surfiing in Britain. Ha.. Jus looking to have a laugh really.

You'll love it then, mate!!!

It is a bit of a dump, much nicer places to go in Cornwall.

What about flying,I am going down at the end of March with BMIbaby it's a 50 minute flight and the cost return is £46.

South West airlines also fly to Newquay all year round from manchester or Leeds/Bradford.

Lovely Stuff... Bit confused, Newquay has an airport? If not where to? Sorry just to au fay with England..

Newquay has unfortunatly become a victim of its own success. It's a great town with fantastic beaches, but in the last 20 or so years has become so busy it's difficult to move around on the streets. You've virtually no chance of car parking in the town as everywhere is covered in double yellows and you have to be up early to bag a space in one of the few car parks.

There's also a large contingent of lager lout/chav types at busy times which can be a bit off putting if you are with the family as the streets can become filled with vomit and broken glass. It's about 6/7 years since we went and things may have improved, but it was enough to put us off for good.

I was there in September - thought it was a bit like a scenic skegness. Overrun with bladdered blokes on stag do's lusting after size 16 women in size 10 dresses. Loads of tacky bars and shops.

Took me under 6 hours to get there and over 11 to get back.

Think there are better places to go in Cornwall, but if tack is your thing then there are similar places closer to Sheff.

I was there in September - thought it was a bit like a scenic skegness. Overrun with bladdered blokes on stag do's lusting after size 16 women in size 10 dresses. Loads of tacky bars and shops.

Took me under 6 hours to get there and over 11 to get back.

Think there are better places to go in Cornwall, but if tack is your thing then there are similar places closer to Sheff.

Like what other places?

In Cornwall? We stayed in Perranporth - that was OK. Tackier places closer to Sheff? Cleethorpes, Jinglemels, Blackpool are not all that different from Newquay.

hi ryan iv just moved down to cornwall in nov frm sheff i now live bout 11 mile away frm newquay an its a excellent nite out esp in summer beach lovely surf great really good atmosphere packed in summer if its pubs u after can tell u all gd 1s an crap :thumbsup:

an as for 9hour travel nope we travel to sheff in 4hour 30 mins an that aint flooring car :hihi: