Has anyone been to Newquay?

i think its one of the best places you could visit in england if you go you must go to the surfers beach i really recomend it also when you go go on a day trip to lands end that more of a quite place the sea is so blue its like your in spain

Wa Gwan.

Just wondered if anyones been to Newquay, If so, whats it like?

Cheers.

I prefer the one in Wales to the one in Cornwall

If you want somewhere a bit quieter stay in Porth which is next to Newquay

You can walk into Newquay for the nightlife or go to Watergate Bay for the waves

I don't think the journey's too bad. We always leave around 4 in the morning and it's actually quite a relaxing drive at that hour. You also arrive around breakfast time and then have the whole day ahead of you. I too have done Sheffield/Cornwall in four and a half hours without going mad.

But it's worth it. I love Cornwall. However, Newquay is not really typical of Cornwall being more a small version of Blackpool, albeit with decent weather, nice beaches and southern beer. It's a place I'd go to for a day out whilst in Cornwall but I doubt I'd ever want to stay there.

Only a month since I was in Bude. The weather was fantastic - sunshine all week - and we were so close to beautiful places like Tintagel, Port Isaac (where they shoot Doc Martin), Clovelly and Boscastle.

If you're aiming for Newquay, do yourself a favour and travel for a further half an hour. St Ives will not disappoint.

went to Newquay just after my GCSE's with my 4 girl mates in 2001, first holiday without the parents, and it was amazing!! i cudnt tell you what newquay itself was like as we never left the campsite during the day, only at night, we went to clubs called The Beach, Tall Trees, Betties, Sailors and they were all a great laugh lots of foam parties! going again this august and hopefully will try and actually see the beach and the town during the day haha if not who cares, going to Newquay is like britains version of springbreak so if thats your thing you'll love it!

It's great, but can get too busy during summer and the narrow streets easily get congested with the masses of people. I would recommend it, but if you are after surfing or watersports then maybe go some place less crowded as you don't have a hope in hell in getting a wave or stretch of water to yourself :(

I agree with all that and I would add it is bloody expensive too.

Going abroad works out to be far more economic.

Yeah, it's trashy, but if you do want a boozy week away, it's great fun. If you want tomewhere quiet, go to somewhere else in Cornwall.

To be honest, flight prices being what they are, you're just as well going abroad.

Newquay is a cool place to go, your more than minutes away from attractions such as the Eden Project. To be honest its a good place to stay and surf. It has great sunsets to, Fisteral Beach is a great place to relax and enjoy. The best thing to do is base yourself in Newquay and travel to Places like St Ives or Lands End. Also a great tip is to try to get into a surfers hotel, which is cheaper than the major hotels. A cheap and chearful hotel would be The Chiffedean Hotel, great staff, great food and its family run to.

I love it!!!! Me and my step dad decided to leave everyone else on coach and we drove down via stonehenge. Now that was some drive. Only spent about 10 minutes at the henge as well.

We went to Newquay and it was cool. Granted it was a massive session on the beer but it was a cracking wheeze. Go and have a giggle ....... There's ladies not wearing a great deal :thumbsup:

Was in Newquay at end of April for a holiday - it's a dump!! Very dirty. Like someone esle said its like Blackpool. There are much nicer places to stay in Cornwall - I certainly wouldn't rush back to Newquay.