Where do I exchange damaged bank notes?

I got up from nights today to find my lovable dogs have ripped up a couple of banknotes. i have managed to find most of the peices and know they can be exchanged somewhere for nice new unchewed ones. Can someone tell me where please?:thumbsup:

Try taking them to your local bank. They might be able to help.

Wouldn't a bank change them?

bank is fine, as long as you have 3 quarters or more of a note:thumbsup:

have most of both notes and will try and peice them together as well as i can. will try the bank tomorrow.

bank is fine, as long as you have 3 quarters or more of a note:thumbsup:

I,ll give you 17.50 each for em lol

The bank of england can help if you have even bits of a banknote :

General Information

The Bank of England’s Mutilated Note service exists to reimburse members of the public with the face value of any damaged, mutilated or contaminated Bank of England notes, providing there are sufficient fragments or remains. As a general rule there should be evidence of at least half a note. The Bank currently receives around 30,000 individual applications per year, totalling in excess of £20 million, 75% of which are single note applications from members of the public. Despite the high volumes the majority of claims are assessed within a few days.

The list of ways in which notes become damaged is almost endless – from those accidentally put through a washing machine to those chewed by the family pet. Notes hidden for safe keeping can often be overlooked. Those concealed in places such as ovens or microwaves run the risk of burning whilst notes hidden under floorboards or in gardens become damp and eventually decay.

Assessment of Claims

Many factors are taken into account when deciding whether a payment can be made. No single factor is given priority, but we do take into account things such as the size of the fragments and the presence or absence of some of the main features on the note such as the serial number, the Chief Cashier’s signature and the promissory clause (‘I promise to pay the bearer on demand the sum of……’). The declared cause of the damage is also taken into consideration before making a final decision.

more details here :

http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/banknotes/damaged_banknotes.htm

If that's £17.50 per each and any - I have a few £5 ones to 'exchange'... ;)

Oh and most banks will exchange them for you (Barclays did this for me when I had this problem)

done! (ones a tenner and one a fiver BTW LOL!)

genrally going into (any branch of ) the bank you bankwith at a quiet time is the best way to deal with defaced or damaged notes unless they are really wrecked when you might need to use the bank of England service.

Also if you discover any old notes the bank you bank with will often exchange them for you although some banks tend to make you pay them in to an account to satisify the anti money laundering rules