Huntsman gardens school.

Hi gary sutcliffe its Julie millington here hope you and your family are ok it's been a long time since we saw you in the pubs down Attercliffe you said Ian Kennedy is a teacher now good on him we had our good and bad times down the cliffe but I still miss the people down there

ey up julie. thought you had forgot bout us .not been down cliffe for ages heard its dead. all pubs shut. go up handsworth now.when we go out.in crown. keys.etc not a bad night. we live at handsworth. had a buisy year my son got married in cyprus.goin to be a grandad at xmas.i miss the cliffe as well nd all the characters. it was brilliant. even tho we didnt think so at the time.see ian kennedy all the time at the match. he s a top wed fan.hows your mum these days? .she was a lovely lady. nd your brothers.

oh gary we can never forget the people we grew up with,my mum has dementia now but she never forget's your family we might not have had nowt when we were young down Attercliffe but our memories of our close everyone was will be with us alway's people argued but no one ever beared grudges.I became a grandma this year little isabelle taking my mum down to Bassingstoke to see her again next week we might bump into you one day which would be nice take care

my mum and auntie and uncles went to that school they lived at 123 chippingham street near the shapes factory if any one can remember angela dexter,tony dexter,alan dexter and mary dexter

Anybody on here from attercliffe and went to huntsman gardens school.years 65/71

Hi All

I am Peter Berresford and went to HG, I lived in shortrdge st Next to banners and remember Raymond and Ian sutcliffe My mates were Nobby driver, stuart megson indian brown among others, after HG I went to hartley brook high school

Hi cliffboy i remember your family do you remember the crofts family on shirland lane john debra dawn and paul.We have cousins called the lamberts maxine bryan tina and katrina.And our cousin are called the jones family tony theresa joseph gina and curtis and we all lived down the cliffe and went to huntsmans gardens school.

Edited by pumas

Any one remember the Hutchinson family live in Shirland lane Attercliffe end

Am still in touch with two daughters born in 40s , Brenda , Patricia,both went to huntsman gdns

Hi All

I am Peter Berresford and went to HG, I lived in shortrdge st Next to banners and remember Raymond and Ian sutcliffe My mates were Nobby driver, stuart megson indian brown among others, after HG I went to hartley brook high school

HI CLIFFE BOY. i lived down cliffe you said you know my brothers ian nd ray. we lived on brinsworth st near roy ahmed. remember graysons harry strutt dick bates etc gud days eh".

oh gary we can never forget the people we grew up with,my mum has dementia now but she never forget's your family we might not have had nowt when we were young down Attercliffe but our memories of our close everyone was will be with us alway's people argued but no one ever beared grudges.I became a grandma this year little isabelle taking my mum down to Bassingstoke to see her again next week we might bump into you one day which would be nice take care

hi again dinner lady. hope all is well. thought i saw youre brother y day dave at doncaster wildlife park but wasnt sure.So didnt speak could kick myself now if it was him. not seen him for years.hope yre mam had a gud time in basingstoke.

Hi Juilie, It pete berresford, your name is a blast from the past

Hi pete do you have a brother called ricky by any chance my name is dawn was crofts when we lived down cliff at number 87 shirland lane got a older brother called john and sister called debra and a younger bro called paul my nan lived next door to harry strutt on chippingham street.

Hi .I am in contact with a Pat Newbould nee Hutchinson livid on left hand side just above entrance to Queens pub, would be at huntsmans 1945 onwards, has a sister called Brenda

Everyone seems to be too early or too late for my time at HG - Hillsbro I have been looking for a photo of the school for a while but came up with the same one you have via Sheffield Library archives - does anyone have one when there were actually pupils there? My maiden name was Sidaway and we lived at 66 Worksop Road in the bottom yard of Britnall Street, in the yard with the fish and chip shop in - I think I am right in thinking it belonged to Hewits, two sisters who were daughters of Mrs. Gordon who lived next door to us. One of them had a daughter who made my wedding dress in 1969. My two brothers went to that school and we all went to Hatfield House Lane after. I remember in the bottom yard were I lived there were a Pakistani family (or similar) next ot the chip shop then Mrs. Gordon then us, then two brothers who's names I cannot remember but they went coarse fishing a lot, then the Parkers at the end - June, Kathleen and Jacquline (she was a bit younger then me but the other two were a fair bit older). Then in the next yard going up Britnall Street and who's yard backed on to ours was Mary Rodgers cannot remember his name but they had a son called Derek, then not sure of the rest of the houses, but the top yard had the first off Britnall Street was the Johnsons, he drove a truck at some stage and she ended up buying the newsagents on Worksop Road, then there was a family again not sure of name, then a Mrs. Hill and then a family called Majors who kept boxer dogs and had two daughters called Marion and Elaine (I think!) they had sons as well one I think called Brian about the same age as me and Elaine but there were some older brothers as well. The house in the top yard fronted on to Titterton Street but there was a telephone exchange that seperated them from other houses and I know there was a girl called Sandra O'Neill - I think? How can I not remember all their names - anyway hopefully someone else may remember