Money stamping ticket machine on Sheff buses

Do you remember those bizarre machines on buses where you dropped in your fare and it printed out a ticket with the imprint of the actual coins on the back? Wouldn't work these days, hey...

I got thrown off the Number 4 bus once for putting in loads of half pennies causing the machine to go into overdrive!!! (Always an evil bus driver on the no. 4 route from Pond Street to Psalter Lane as I recall..)

AHHH the good old Vide-mat.We used to see who could get the longest tickets.Then the inspector used to get on and tott up the coins to make sure you had paid the right fare.What a laugh !!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks - I've had a look through that thread, brings back memories! Yes, I used to pay for all of our group, in one go, in half pennies, which is what used to drive the bus driver round the bend. HUGE long tickets...

:o i used to catch the number 4 from firth park with my friends to wincobank, if we spent our 2 p fare we used to put stones or acorns in the machine!!!

how naughty