Sunday 11th Feb - Porter Valley/Ringinglow

However it was a sturdy boot walk - trainers would definitely not have cut it today... waaaaay too slushy in part.

Good job we never came along then, my flip-flops wouldn't have been much good outside the immediate park area obviously. :hihi:

Glad to hear you all had a great time. :D

Another fabulous walk! Definitely not one for fair-weather walkers,that one!:o

Wellies would have been more appropriate,methinks... especially for those of us who didn't attempt ....THE WALL.:hihi: ( I was fearless,though..)

The alpacas were cute,too.

All in all....a really lovely day.Thanks to taxman for the organisation.(And for the professional advice.)

See you all next week,hopefully.:)

Good job we never came along then, my flip-flops wouldn't have been much good outside the immediate park area obviously. :hihi:

Well Ruby, you know I like to be glamorously kitted out at all times, but I'm certainly thankful that I left my sequined slingbacks at home. It would have ruined my full-length satin Dior gown as well. ;)

Thanks for a fab walk and the lift :)

The day started with an unhealthy brekkie in McDonalds, gawping at young female students dancing to Girls Aloud whilst queuing - a sight for sore eyes :love:

My batteries charged, I went to the undertakers and was magically transported to the Park where there were dozens of people, setting off on various walks. For a moment we thought lots of people were coming with us :(

Park was nice, not been there before. Eventually we got to quieter bit where there were not so many pesky joggers :rolleyes:

Cafe was OK, nice hot coffee. Joggers were replaced by Dogs here :P

The walk was bit slippery in places and I lost it as I was clambering under a fallen tree - limbo dancing was never my thing - got snagged and then found myself propelled forward, with my camera saving me from a face full of slush :)

The weather cleared in afternoon and was rather nice. The only downer on the day was the lack of Alpaca Burgers. Maybe McDonalds will stock them if I ask nicely ?

Some photos below as requested..

http://www.rtapper.plus.com/Endcliffe/

:)

Fantastic photos, thanks, Grissom :thumbsup: It looks as if you had terrific weather!! And with all the snow.... and those geese!!!! Was that Ranmoor church in the background of one of the photos??

I recognised most parts of it!!! I don't remember the alpaca farm, though, how long has that been there???

Carol.......your wish is our command! Photos courtesy of Grissom will follow soon, just watch this space as they say!(Where are you btw?)

My grandfather was brought up in the Ivy Cottages below Wiremill Dam, I lived in Crookes, Crosspool, Broomhill and High Storrs until I got a job in S Wales and I've been here ever since!!! I tend not to get back to Sheff too often since my parents retired to live down here, so it was a real treat to find this forum!!!

Glad you all enjoyed the walk.......

Yes I think it was that Church.

The Alpaca farm has a website :

http://www.mayfieldalpacas.com/

and I found this on another page :

Mayfield Alpacas - was set up in 2001 as a working farm. the herd has increased rapidly and we now have nearly a hundred animals, as well as a visitor centre, coffee shop and a shop selling peruvian goods and garments. we also provide educational facilities for young and old alike.

I have been breeding alpacas since 1998,my foundation herd started with just two animals and have increased rapidly over

the past few years.

Mayfield Alpacas - was set up in 2001 as a working farm. the herd has increased rapidly and we now have nearly a hundred animals, as well as a visitor centre, coffee shop and a shop selling peruvian goods and garments. we also provide educational facilities for young and old alike.

I have been breeding alpacas since 1998,my foundation herd started with just two animals and have increased rapidly over

the past few years.

Aha..... that would explain it... .I've obviously been away for far too long....!!!!!