Sign in to follow this  

"When Will I Be Famous" - BBC1, Saturday evenining

Did I really watch this programme or was it a hallucination? What a very, very strange experience!

For anyone who didn't see it, two "talent" (and I use the word very loosely) acts went head to head for the votes of 100 viewers - but they were the most bizarre acts you have ever seen! For example, we had a group of about a dozen street dancers versus a man doing some very bad tricks on a BMX bike (who kept falling off) ; an 11 year old lad singing a Michael Jackson song versus a woman who danced with her dog ; a circus acrobat versus a man who climbed inside a giant balloon and emerged dressed as Elvis ...

Nurse! Fetch my medication!

Big Brother set the level .... and now all the other channels are trying to emulate it. IE. "If they can get away with total crap, so can we!!"

...and I almost forgot the woman who sang the theme from Titanic and inbetween each line barked like a dog for several seconds!

...and the man who played the spoons by hitting them against his teeth!

It just gets worse and worse!!

!

It just gets worse and worse!!

Are you refering to the mincing Irishman who dresses like a granny's settee and believes himself to be funny because the audience have been told to laugh?

I also noticed THESE two were doing the judging as well!!

Hmm, what with Max Clifford and the American judge with the huuuuuuge spectacles, I wonder if Dave Spikey knew what he was letting himself in for!

Did I really watch this programme or was it a hallucination? What a very, very strange experience!

For anyone who didn't see it, two "talent" (and I use the word very loosely) acts went head to head for the votes of 100 viewers - but they were the most bizarre acts you have ever seen! For example, we had a group of about a dozen street dancers versus a man doing some very bad tricks on a BMX bike (who kept falling off) ; an 11 year old lad singing a Michael Jackson song versus a woman who danced with her dog ; a circus acrobat versus a man who climbed inside a giant balloon and emerged dressed as Elvis ...

Nurse! Fetch my medication!

Ive never seen such a strange show in my life. Thank goodness for Dancing on Ice on the other side.:gag:

It tried to sell itself as variety! Thats not variety, thats just a load of self deluded people trying for there 15 minutes of fame, explotation is more like it!