Are you a cat or dog person?

Me, I favour dogs. They get you out for exercise that you probably(in my case) wouldn't take. They love you unconditionally and respond to you in a way that in my opinion cats don't. If they leave a mess it can be cleaned up as you know where it is and they protect you. :D

Cats on the other hand are more inclined to cupboard love. They kill the birds and c*** all over my garden. What do you all think? I Think I know what Kitty will favour. Also Moon Maiden do you have a cat and is it black (or does that go with the broomstck and cauldron stereotype)

Also Moon Maiden do you have a cat and is it black (or does that go with the broomstck and cauldron stereotype)

:lol::D:lol:

yes actually I do have a cat and yes she is black. I had three cats previously to her. Two black toms (brothers) and a tortie and white queen.

Witches do favour cats it seems, but many choose other animals as familiars. Modern day witches also have brooms and cauldrons :D:wink:

As for the cat/dog question. I prefer cats. I was once given a pedigree alsation. Gorgeous she was, but neither myself or my partner had the time she needed, so we found a loving home.

Moon Maiden

I like both cats and dogs, but only have a cat in the house. I think there are problems with domestic cats and the bird population - we got ours from a cat shelter and had him spayed, and luckily he doesn't bring back half the local wildlife any more.

The problem with dogs is that they are so dependent upon people, and need walking twice a day. If I lived in the country I'd have a dog, but it's just not practical with my life the way it is.

cats - poetry in motion

dogs - gibberish in neutral

or

a dog is a yes-animal for someone who can't afford a yes-man.

I love both cats and dogs. I'd have a dog if I had a big house, garden and bags of free time.

As it is we have a black and white cat from the Sheffield Cat Shelter (plenty more pitiful outcasts in need of loving homes there).

I happen to think that cats really are not very clever at all, they just give a good impression of it, fuelling our anthropomorphism. I'm not denying they have 'liitle peronsalities' or they can tell the difference between odd and even, but if they were any bigger they'd eat you.

I prefer cats. Dogs just seem dirtier to me, the way they slobber and cr*p on pavements, fields, or wherever their owner takes them. They are also very loud - I'd not like to be woken up early every morning by the dog barking madly just because the milk or post has been delivered. They also have a tendancy to smell and make the whole house smell. When you visit a house that owns a dog, you know as soon as you walk in that a dog lives there, without seeing or hearing the dog, just by smell. Cats on the other hand bury their cr*p, clean themselves more often, aren't as loud, and are much more independent. When they want something, they're also friendly too! I have 1 cat, and although he's been spayed, it does not stop him from bringing home a few birds a week and the occasional mouse! Thats a downside to cats, but its just their instinct. So give me a cat anytime. 8)

Dogs - Although I have had both.

Reason - More personality, my dog is mad, he can be a real pain at times, but on other times he can be really cute and funny.

PS Just thought of a strapline for this site

The Forum is for life, not just 1 post :D

Archived