Ride outs in Sheffield

Looks like I'm not going to be able to made the meet up tonight due to having a crap unsociable job won't be back home till 8:30 ish. Gonna be firing up the bike when I get home tho and prob do a cut down version of Daves route posted earlier. Out Thurs evening as well if anyone fancies a bit later ride out.

The track day idea sounds good I'm also a bit dubious about dropping it though. Might invest in a day at the Haslam Race school at Donington to get a bit of experience, they supply the bike and leathers, I'd rather use they're stuff than my own, bit pricey at £250 a shot tho.

Ron Haslam Race School is a safe bet. Forget the extra £££'s, what price the pride and joy?

Anyone fancy a run tomorrow, weather pending? If so post tonight. I don,t keep the bike at home so it would be too late by the time I get home tomorrow, read the posts,then have to go and fetch the wheels!:thumbsup:

hi guys and gals, have only just seen this thread and would like to ask if i could tag along on the next ride out. i live in stocksbridge which is right on the edge of the country side. just got back into biking after a long lay off due having a house and family to support, and a job that pays **** money. just bought a yam fzr400rr, yes i know its only a 400 but its all i could afford at the moment. anyway look at it as a baby r6. not really been out on it much yet and i dont know anyone else with bikes. would be great if i could get together for a good blast and meet some new mates as well.

ps my riding skills need bringing back up to scratch.

cheers

rocks

Rocks

5 of us went out for a spin last night so keep a look out for the next one.

Sorry to the others for slowing things down a bit (6 points on licence and other excuses...)

John C - noticed last night that one of your brake lights is out. Thought I'd mention it before the cops use it as an excuse for pulling you over.

Col S

Also think that it might be better to start new "ride out" threads under "sports & activities" as there's less going on, on that board, making posts easier to track etc.

Col S

Cheers for the headsup on breaklights. I noticed it a week or so ago - but havent got the tools up in Sheffield to sort it out yet! I noticed that my breaklights don't come on when I use the rear break either!

Had a good ride last night - some really good rodes and a decent pace!

Anyone up for another one soon?

John.

I noticed that too John, but I forgot to mention it to you in my usual forgetful way!

Hey Cols, you wern't slow - what were the 6 points for??

Cant believe mark is a rozzer!!

Nice ride out anyway, whens the next one, it'll soon be winter!!

Will sort that one out ASAP then... my steering head bearing seems to be a little slack aswell.... riding down that road through dronfield (speed bump after speedbump) surely didn't help either!!

Might have a bit of a ride out tonight - sun is finally out :)

6 points were for 2 speeding offences. Both in the car and in the last 18 months. Makes me a bit paranoid now.

You've probably seen me post the odd speed trap warning on the forum. Some people take offence at this, don't know why.

Which one was Mark, was he the Ducati rider ? I didn't hear him say he was a plod. Better be careful what we say :)

Off out for a burn tonight (Thurs) 8:30 ish. Just thought I'd post up, on the off chance that someone else is out and about that kind of time.

Sorry Ralph, i'm back in London again, you must of run it in by now??

Cols - Mark was the guy on the Duke, them coppers are getting younger and younger!

Originally posted by JohnC

Will sort that one out ASAP then... my steering head bearing seems to be a little slack aswell.... riding down that road through dronfield (speed bump after speedbump) surely didn't help either!!

Might have a bit of a ride out tonight - sun is finally out :)

John, could be a sign that its been wheelied alot, i'd get it checked out.

Re speed humps, welcome to the epicentre of them, there everywhere in sheffield oh and watch out for the non bike friendly manhole covers that have usually sunk into the road especially the ones on the roundabouts!! lethal!!