Ride outs in Sheffield

Hi everyone, read the (very long) thread... all good stuff! I've got a GSX-R600... Used to have a ZX-6R and a TL1000 (what a motor, what bad suspension! Ha ha..) Thought I' go ack to a nippy in-line 4. I've missed revs!

Anyways... been searching for bikers for rides. Got a website up and running now - doing ride outs from/in/around sheffield in the fine up coming months. If anyone's interested it's http://www.globalsuperbikes.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

feedback anyone?

Hope to see ya'll soon

Pete

GSX-R600

Sounds good Pete, shame it wasnt last year when I lived in Sheffield otherwise I would have been there. All I do now is dodge death each morning and night on the M25, no fun in that! Mind you, its easier to take wing mirrors off down here! Not that they would miss them since they never look in them! he he!

I'm sure the other fella's will be up for it!!

Passed my motorbike test a year ago, enjoy going out on my bike, when the weather is nice, and now just wondering other than the biker mecca - Matlock, where else makes a good day out on the bike?

Hiya Billie, if its a short evening blast, out through Castleton, up Winnits, Buxton, down A6, left upto Monsall Head for a shandy, onto A625 to Baslow, up to Oller bar roundabout, back to Sheff.

The Cat and fiddle is a road you ought to be aware of, from Buxton over to Macclesfield,(be careful).

A few pubs in the area have "bike nights".

Monday is "The Grey Goose", at Gedling (near Nottingham)

Tuesday is Scarcliff on the other side of Clowne

Wednesday is Sherburn-in-helmet, towards York

Thursday is Carbrook Hall(I think)

Will try and think up some more........

As SHarper says the Cat & Fiddle Pub is usually thronged with bikers in the summer. Be very very careful on this road as many bikers are killed on it every year. I used to drive along it regularly and it is absolutely stunning when the weather is nice.

I would recommend you keep away from the cat and fiddle now not because of the road because the police love to make extensive revenue from this road. Love to pull you over for anything not just speeding, but loud cans, Tyres, numberplates too small or wrong font ect. :rant:

That is very true, the rozzers are all over the place, but they can't be every-where at once.

The A616 from Clowne to Newark can be fun (as you come into Newark go over the bridge and call for a drink on the Barge that's moored there) and if you're going there, you might as well bob over to Gainsborough on to Market Raisen and pick up the A18 (wahoo) to Skeg-vegas.

Thats it! New front tyre in as soon as its ****ed it down for a couple of days to wash the salt away.....

Hi all, we're meeting at the Norton Pub at 11am on Friday for a motorcycle ride out. Riders of all experience welcome. All bikes. Should be out for a couple of hours.

Look for a fella with a big grin and a blue & White GSXR in the carpark !

See ya'll then!

Cheers

P

http://www.globalsuperbikes.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

How many people gona be there and where ya going too.:thumbsup::cool:

Thanks for replies chaps...

The ride out will be across towards Buxton and a take in some great biking roads.

The rideout will last a few hours (inc a stop for a warm drink somewhere along the way!)

N.B OUR RIDEOUTS AND EVENTS ARE FREE!

All welcome. Check out our website.

Ride out will take place unless wet weather forces us to cancel. (Nobody wants to ruin their pride and joy / their own body on wet slippery roads).

Hope to see you all at 11am PROMPT tomorrow (Friday) for a 11.05am set-off.

Cheers

P

GlobalSuperBikes

http://www.globalsuperbikes.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

What kind of bikes are going to be there not all power bikes I hope, I like my licence and don't need any more points on it lol only got a little diversion plus the gf will be on the back.:thumbsup: