Ride outs in Sheffield

Anytime Cols, me and another rr are starting reg ride outs on Monday evenings soon, had my first real outing yesterday, glorious sunshine, sticky rubber and lots of twisties, the rr is truely a great bike!

Cols - I have always used cusworths for garage work, dont know how they compare but they seem to be ok, quick turn around.

Re Ride outs, I suggest we PM each other re meeting points etc

Dont want plod turning up to the meet and checking our bikes over do we??!!??

Reading through this thread i'm tempted to go out a buy a bike but family commitments won't allow and though i have always wanted one, i probably never will.

Got to stick to the peoples carrier, but i envy you lot, so go out and enjoy the wind in your hair and take care.

Respect your bike and it will respect you.

Wishing i was there.

CR

Hi all just been directed to this thread through those wonderful chaps from Google. Anyway I've just been and purchased myself a luvlly jubbly brand new Kwacker green ZX636R having decided to return to biking after an 8 year break. Being of the more mature flavour don't know any other bikers in the Sheffield area, would luv to buddy up with some of you guys for ride outs if thats OK. I'm still a bit rusty on my riding skills and am restricted to 60 mph whilst running in but safe and dead keen to get out and about again. Cheers Ralph

Hoorah, a good reason for me not to be the slowest then, even it is only while the bike gets ridden in.

Are we going to start this monday then?

Cool, sounds good to me providing that the orrible wet stuffs not falling out of the sky. Won't be back from work till about 6:30 but any time after thats good.

update to above post, misread my shifts for next week won't be back from work till 8 - 8:30 still up for it though on Monday

Not feasible for me at the moment, (Old DT175 Yam enduro ,pre watercooled ) . Seriously talking myself into an Aprillia RS 250 though before they become too hard to get hold of .

Dragon

Hello there Kwakman - btw great choice in bike, just make sure you get loads of security on it, since you last rode, bike theft has shot up. Dont worry about the rust, I ride hard but never dangerous, dont/cant wheely so we just go at a pace that suits everyone.

Looks like we have enough riders for a ride out, I know I started this thread but I'm pretty cr*p at organising so if anybody wants to suggest a meeting place for Monday then feel free.

I think it best if we PM each other about meeting points/times

Hi Dave glad u like the bike, it came down to a choice between the Kwak and yours (CBR6RR) only deciding factor was the Kwak came in about £400 cheaper. Its got a Datatool system 3 alarm fitted seems to be quite sensitive, once its set if you f**t to clse to it, it goes of.

About a meet up, I've been down the Classic Rock Bar on Ecclesall Road a few times, it sounds about right for a bike meet and they have some great musicians and music down there if you're into rock of course. What does everyone reckon? Won't be able to make it till 8:45ish though and all subject to the weather coz getting drenched on a bike just don't float my boat.

Hi, K1 GSXR 600 rider here (RE Bikers in Sheffield, Gen Shef chat,05 01 04). Did you all make the ride out and how did it go.

Are you doing anymore?:thumbsup:

I'm stuck in London all day so wont be making any ride out today