Ride outs in Sheffield

Always wanted to go along on one of these, but a bit intimidated by 'real' bikers. I ride a CBR600, and like going out for rides alone and with the Mrs on the back, sometimes briskly but not silly speeds, often happy to tootle around enjoying the scenery.

I'm not remotely interested in engines and sticking different exhausts etc. on my bike.

Is this ride out thing for the likes of me?

Originally posted by zxczxc

Always wanted to go along on one of these, but a bit intimidated by 'real' bikers. I ride a CBR600, and like going out for rides alone and with the Mrs on the back, sometimes briskly but not silly speeds, often happy to tootle around enjoying the scenery.

I'm not remotely interested in engines and sticking different exhausts etc. on my bike.

Is this ride out thing for the likes of me?

Everyone is welcome, in fact I have alot more respect for people with your attitude than say a biker who thinks he's Rossi. You have a great bike, and yeah your welcome, its not all about speed and taking risks, its about enjoying your time on the bike, all riders have different approaches to riding and we should all respect each others abilities.

Theres a great forum called http://www.cbr-forum.org.uk, its full of ........erm...........CBR riders from around Britain.

So our forth coming ride out is shaping up,

Cbr Dave

zxczxc (and his mrs)

fredsredhat (with either cazzaworld or mimicraze)

Just a few more, a route and a date and we should be laughing

Cool, would be good to get out and about, as I'm new to the area so a guided tour is an added bonus.

The bike is in for a service at the moment, so I will be raring to go when I get it back, if a little light in the pocket.

Anyone else?

Originally posted by zxczxc

Cool, would be good to get out and about, as I'm new to the area so a guided tour is an added bonus.

The bike is in for a service at the moment, so I will be raring to go when I get it back, if a little light in the pocket.

Anyone else?

Great! Well theres some great runs out over the Peaks. Depends on what sort of milage we all want to do??

A good run is out towards Hathersage, over Winnets Pass, over to Chapel on the Frith, over to Glossop and then either the A57 Snake Pass or the A628 and A616 and A61 back to Sheffield.

Open to suggestions

Oh............and will it ever stop raining!!??

that route sounds great. Dont worry ZX, you're more than welcome. ride at your own speed and only do what you want to (sorry i dont mean to sound patronising just i have a lot of experience riding in large groups) we setting a rough date? I'm working away for the next fortnight, i'm back for a week then out for another fortnight. Nick.

Sounds like we need to wait a couple of weeks before pencilling a date in then.

Talking bikes....

Did anyone see the Traffic Police program the other night about the biker on the Stocksbridge by-pass. I was recording it but caught the last two minutes where it said the biker got 6 years inside. I thought that sounded a bit steep until I watched the whole program. Turns out he was drunk, drugged, doing 100mph +, badly worn brakes, weaving across the solid white lines, finally crashing, killing his girlfriend.

Gives us all a bad name.

Col S

Yeah, caught a bit of it, our lass was looking rather worried until they gave all the details of why they crashed as listed above.

Yeah same here, caught the end of it, heard the sentence and thought - poor bloke, then my girlfriend called me and told me why and how reckless he had been, stupid stupid bloke, feel sorry for the girls family, I would never forgive myself if I did something as dumb as that. There again I wouldnt do anything that dumb! Have a safe ride if you get out this weekend!

Missed it!! anyone get out today? (good fri) i was working so i didn't get a chance.

Anything been arranged yet ?

I'm on call this week but ok after that. Just put my bike together after a spring fettle so need to put some miles on it.

Also, bike needs an MOT next month. Any decent bike garages around. I used to take my bike up to Earnshaws of Huddersfield when I lived in Penistone but I live in Sheffield now.

Col S

Triumph Sprint ST