Ride outs in Sheffield

Just seen this thread. I've only recently moved to sheffield (6wks ago). I've ridden the snake a few times... great road, but starting to become too familiar. If anyones up for going out for a ride then let me know. I've not been riding all that long, but got a decent number of miles under my belt. I've just bought a Blue Yamaha R6.

Yipee more bikers!! Welcome JohnC, hope your finding Sheffield ok!! We've got some great roads for ride outs once you've negotiated a safe path through the pot holes on the city roads that is!!

The snake pass is good fun but be careful out there on Sundays , too many plod in bushes for my liking!

Ive been in London working for a week so dying to get out on the bike, back tomo if you fancy a tour of the peaks early in the evening?? BTW where have you moved from?

Dave

I've not seen any rozzers on the A57 yet... been lucky I guess!

Yeah - what's going on with the roads in and around Sheffield centre, its like riding offroad!

I've just moved up from Peterborough, a couple of good roads that way, but fairly flat!

I'll be up for a ride tomorrow as long as its not raining (again!)

Me and JohnC are having a ride out tomorrow (tuesday 11th) anyone else coming?

Yeah, count me in, weather permitting.

Oki Doke

Anyone who can make it, the meeting point is 6pm at Owler Bar roundabout, there is a layby on the roundabout opposite the Peacock pub. Let me know if you need more directions.

Coming are

Cols (maybe)

Ralph (maybe)

Andy

ZXCZXC

Bob

Dave

See you all later on

Few ppl on the list there! Just hope the weather holds up. What's everyone riding?

Any idea on the route yet?

John.

oh and one of bobs mates on a duke 748 is also coming

re bikes

me and bob are on cbr6rr's (bobs is the clean one)

ralph has a kwakZX636R

Cols has got a triumph sprint

zxczxc has a gsxf750

god it looks cold out there!!

The route, mmmmmmmm, always gets me that question, me and bob have a run but think it might be a bit long.

owlerbar - baslow - hathersage - winnets pass - chapel en le frith - glossop - ladybower inn - sheffield

prob looking at about 2 hrs for all that

open to suggestions??

Not too cold on the way to work this morning.

Route sounds good - I've only really been accross the A57, and through hathersage (the road that comes off near the ladybower inn).

How long have you been riding for? Have you been to any trackdays etc? Just slightly concerned I'll be left behind!

Nothing to be concerned about, we can set the pace to suit everyone, the more ppl the slower it gets anyway, everyone will be at diff levels, we have some rules on speed ie where speed limits are 30 we do 30 etc, we dont cross solid white lines to overtake and we should generally stay in the same order whilst riding and we always us indicators. Apart from that we have some fun and try and avoid the attentions of plod.

Ive only been riding on the road for a couple of years myself so I wouldnt worry about it too much. Never done a track day but seriously thinking about doing one, just affraid of dropping it!!

As its the first meet up, I guess we should not go too mad!

Cool... I'm thinking about doing a trackday myself in the next few months. Everyone I've spoken to about it says it will benifit road riding and confidence no end. I found some trackday insurance, does add £80 odd to the cost of the day, but would probably be worth it for the first couple atleast....