The BNP Megathread - Part 6

I've not seen a post by royjames to this effect. However, it's interesting to note that royjames declined my challenge to go head to head with me in my council ward, as he said he was committed to fighting in the Southey ward. However, at the last council elections, royjames was moved (or pushed?) aside in that seat, and contested Beighton ward - which is on the other side of the city from where he lives. No explanation was ever given for this sudden move, even though the BNP only contested a few seats - so why did royjames lose out and had to contest another seat?

Is royjames now showing that he is not prepared to be pushed around, and hence his announcement that he is not renewing his BNP membership? Is royjames joining the NNP? What do the BNP have to say if their former "senior BNP member" is indeed joining the NNP? Aren't splits in the extreme right-wing inevitable anyway?

Robbo the internal decisions of Sheffield BNP have has much to do with you as labours have to me so dont hold your breath waiting for a reply to questions about them .

Roy has already stated his reasons for not renewing his membership are private so I will respect that and hope others do , as to if he joins another party that also his his decision but Sheffield BNP wish him well whatever he decides and thank him for his efforts in the past for the BNP , we do live in a sort of democracy despite New Labours best efforts so Roys free to choose what party to support.

The doors not closed Roy if you change your mind .

One member thinking over his future is hardly a split :suspect:

I dont like out of date terms like "extreme right-wing" but if you want to use labels groups on the 'right' are no more prone to splits than those on the 'left' If New-Labour had more members prepared to put principle before personal profit and risk those cushy jobs for the boys by speaking out I'm sure your party would make any splits on the 'right' look like a family tiff .

I'd be ashamed to be a member of a party as corrupt as New labour who's leaders are war criminals by any definition , you should have the courage to speak out against these things not worry about what other partys are doing , get your own house in order .

I know Roy James and whether or not he is a BNP member is beside the point.

I believe him to be a dedicated nationalist.

Robbo the internal decisions of Sheffield BNP have has much to do with you as labours have to me so dont hold your breath waiting for a reply to questions about them .

Roy has already stated his reasons for not renewing his membership are private so I will respect that and hope others do , as to if he joins another party that also his his decision but Sheffield BNP wish him well whatever he decides and thank him for his efforts in the past for the BNP , we do live in a sort of democracy despite New Labours best efforts so Roys free to choose what party to support.

The doors not closed Roy if you change your mind .

One member thinking over his future is hardly a split .

...but with the amount of members you have would'nt this constitute a spilt:huh:

One member thinking over his future is hardly a split

one ex member thinking about standing in Southey where David Wright stood for the BNP last year ( is he still the sheffield organiser) or are Sheffield BNP going to try not to stand where the NNP are standing.

I hope Roy does stand somewhere, it should be entertaining. Who knows, now that John Griff Wood is a laughing stock he might be able to help Roy out like he did last year.

First of all I have said I am (thinking) of joining the NNP I have yet to make up my mind so lets not get ahead of ourselves shall we.

As to me decling redrobbos ofer to stand against him he knows perfectly well the reason and thats due to the fact I was contesting the area where I grew up,nothing else,im sure he doesnt think im frightend of taking him on because Im not,neither him nor any other councillor.

And the reason why I moved to Beighton is nothing at all to do with being pushed around as he says but then again I dont think I need to tell him or anyone the reasons why,its my buisness.

So lets be clear,NOTHING has ben decided yet.

royjames did indeed make it clear that he was dedicated to fighting Southey ward - so why he then contradicted himself by contesting Beighton ward must, it seems, remain a mystery.

On a personal note, and irrespective of the different political views that royjames and I hold, I don't think for a moment that royjames is frightened of an electoral contest against anyone, anywhere. But it will be interesting to see if royjames does indeed contest a seat again, and if so, whether it will be for the BNP or the NNP?

royjames did indeed make it clear that he was dedicated to fighting Southey ward - so why he then contradicted himself by contesting Beighton ward must, it seems, remain a mystery.

On a personal note, and irrespective of the different political views that royjames and I hold, I don't think for a moment that royjames is frightened of an electoral contest against anyone, anywhere. But it will be interesting to see if royjames does indeed contest a seat again, and if so, whether it will be for the BNP or the NNP?

You can be sure of one thing redrobbo it WONT be for the BNP,I will Never go back to them while they treat their activists in the way I and others have been treated.

And its not just me who is leaving the Sheffield branch,its at least 4 maybe 5 of their main activists who have decided enough is enough,they WILL struggle to get the leafletts out without us trust me.

I could to go into more detail but I will leave it at that,I wont become like derek hutchinson and wash my dirty linen in public.

That all I will say on my personal issues.

i might be interested in voting for this NNP, but where do you stand on immigration, and will you legalise and tax cannabis for personal use?

Now as someone who is wholeheartedly committed to free speech, and someone who is also against what roy generally stood* for, can I ask that we at least let the guy have a breath?

*in terms of BNP policy

I'm not going to say anything about his private life, or change of stance; that is his for him to defend, explain, espouse, expand, etc., as he pleases.

But let's not be vultures. Roy has made his decisions for whatever reason, and has taken time to come back to a debate.

As much as I'm vehemently opposed to what he stands/stood for, don't throw stones at a new shirt ..........

This isn't a change of stance, it's a change of party because he has been crapped on, whatever the reason. None of his views have changed, he is still the same sugar coated nazi that he ever was in the past.

You can be sure of one thing redrobbo it WONT be for the BNP,I will Never go back to them while they treat their activists in the way I and others have been treated.

And its not just me who is leaving the Sheffield branch,its at least 4 maybe 5 of their main activists who have decided enough is enough,they WILL struggle to get the leafletts out without us trust me.

I could to go into more detail but I will leave it at that,I wont become like derek hutchinson and wash my dirty linen in public.

That all I will say on my personal issues.

VARB, you must have some sort of response to this

This isn't a change of stance, it's a change of party because he has been crapped on, whatever the reason. None of his views have changed, he is still the same sugar coated nazi that he ever was in the past.

I totally agree, and there are several inferences which could be taken as to why he has had problems. I just think that ganging up, when he hasn't decided what he's doing yet is a bit rough.

We don't want to frighten them all off .......

Members of the British National party have set up a front organisation in an attempt to raise money from far right sympathisers in the United States.

An investigation by the Guardian has revealed that the fundraising group Civil Liberty, which claims to be independent of any political party, is run by key BNP activists with all the money donated through its website going to the BNP's regional headquarters in the north-east.

It has raised concerns that the party appears to be attempting to profit from anti-Islamic sentiment in the United States since the attacks of September 11 2001, by presenting itself as being at the forefront of a campaign to save the UK from being "overwhelmed" by Muslims.

Article continues

Since 2001 it has been illegal for any political party to accept overseas donations of more than £200, and party officials breaking the law face a year's imprisonment or a £5,000 fine. Both Civil Liberty and the BNP deny they are trying to bypass UK election law, insisting they are entirely separate organisations.

However, the Guardian has established a series of links, including an audio tape of the BNP chairman, Nick Griffin, speaking at a US conference organised by a former member of the Ku Klux Klan, in which he calls on sympathisers to support BNP members by giving money to Civil Liberty.

"Please throw money at the BNP, actually don't throw money at the BNP. Quite seriously it's against the law, but you can as my colleague will be telling you tomorrow, throw money at a group called Civil Liberty which helps members of the BNP and that is within the law."

The Guardian also found that:

· Civil Liberty was set up and is run by Kevin Scott, who until September was the BNP's north-east regional fund holder.

· Its PO box address is registered to Tyneside BNP at the home of Jonathan Keys, a former party candidate.

· The site's domain name is registered at the home in Stirling of Steve Blake, the BNP's website editor.

· The BNP's head of administration, Kenny Smith, is named on the BNP website as the national treasurer of Civil Liberty and responds to emails sent to CL.

It is not clear how much money Civil Liberty has raised as its accounts are secret, but the American Friends of the British National party was estimated to have raised £80,000 to £100,000 for the BNP between 1998 and 2001 when it folded - money Mr Griffin said made a "significant contribution to the BNP's [2001] general election campaign".

Yesterday the BNP and Civil Liberty strenuously denied the allegations.

"Civil Liberty is completely independent of the party," said BNP spokesman Phil Edwards. "The BNP receives absolutely no money at all from Civil Liberty and any allegation that [money is being diverted] to the BNP in order to circumvent election laws will be met by a libel writ."

In a statement posted on its website, Civil Liberty stated: "Civil Liberty has never given, nor will give a single penny to the BNP. To do so would be in breach of electoral legislation which is clear and strict about who can provide funds to a registered political party. All the money received from generous donors at home and abroad goes to persecuted individuals who have nowhere else to turn to, to assist with legal expenses of employment tribunals and other court costs."

Yesterday a spokeswoman for the Electoral Commission, which monitors political funding, said: "It is illegal for political parties to accept donations from overseas. We will look at these allegations."

Civil Liberty regularly advertises in BNP publications and has appealed for funds on the BNP website. Mark Collett, who was last year acquitted with Mr Griffin on charges of inciting racial hatred, is alleged to have handed out Civil Liberty flyers at a far right event in the US. And at the BNP's annual conference in November, senior BNP figures accused the leadership of using Civil Liberty to build a fighting fund they said was not declared to the Electoral Commission or the wider membership.

Mr Edwards said: "Civil Liberty is an organisation which was set up to assist nationalists fight legal cases and employment tribunals and other civil cases ... The fact that it is Kevin Scott [who set up Civil Liberty] ... why shouldn't it be?"

He said that being a member of the BNP did not stop people handing out leaflets. As to the PO box for Civil Liberty being the same as for Tyneside BNP, "A PO box ... is purely and simply a facility. It doesn't mean there are any links - you are clutching at straws," he said.

Lord Dholakia, deputy leader of the Liberal Democrats in the House of Lords, said: "I am concerned that money raised abroad may be used to sustain political activities of the BNP in the UK and there is a clear need to investigate links between the BNP and Civil Liberty." He has written to the Home Office and the Electoral Commission calling for an investigation.

Civil Liberty's website describes the UK "as one of the most repressive regimes in the world". In its "US appeal" section it calls on American sympathisers to hand over money to help the fight against the spread of Islam. "If you know that Islam has waged holy war from Arabia to Lower Manhattan for 1,400 years, aiming at the forcible conversion of the world ... if you remember 9/11, you will understand why this is the crucial issue of our time."

Who's who

Kevin Scott

Founder of Civil Liberty and until September the BNP's north east regional organiser. He has a conviction for assault and using threatening words and behaviour.

Kenny Smith

Civil Liberty's national treasurer and the BNP's administrator. Based in Scotland, Smith helps Scott run Civil Liberty's website. He is also editor of the BNP's internal membership bulletin, British Nationalist.

Jonathan Keys

A BNP activist in the north east. The Civil Liberty website uses a PO Box which is registered to Tyneside BNP at Keys' home.

Steve Blake

Blake is responsible for the BNP website. He is an IT consultant and the Civil Liberty domain name is registered at his home in Stirling.

:rolleyes:

Meanwhile back in the land of reality, the BNP have suffered a deluge of new membership applications resulting in a bottleneck in membership processing.

The message is apologies for the delay but have patience as they work through the mountainous backlog.

It's all on the BNP website :)