Plus net so slooooooooooooowwww

On the plus net bandwidth speed checker I am getting 66 and 107 kbps have reported the problem and I know its not a fault with my laptop as its the same on my other pc.:( How else can I check speed, there seems to be hundreds of sites:huh: It's like being in the first dialup days when I should be up to 8meg.

This one seems quite popular: speedtest. There's also the BT Speed Test which is mentioned in several places on the Plusnet forums (sorry, don't have the URL).

We're on the Plus Net system too and yes, ours are slow as well :mad: . I think it must be the servers around Sheffield (even though they are based here - well, were until this week when they sold out to BT!!!), as a friend who lives near Mansfield has only ever had one problem in about four years and that was when they switched her broadband on without telling her so she went without the net for a couple of days till my son checked it out for her. She then found they had sent her an email informing her they were changing her over - after they had done it :huh: !!!!

No speed problems here on plus.net in Sharrow... If you have recently been upgraded to 8MB, it could be that your line is still trying to work out the best speed it can achieve, or it's worked it out wrongly. plus.net seem to have got on top of dealing with these issues now (well, a lot better than 6 months ago).

I was told to expect 6Mbps but am running at 7.6Mbps