Do you write with publication in mind?

When you write, you're obviously doing it because you enjoy it (otherwise, why bother at all?). But do you also view your efforts as practice? Are you refining your craft for your own personal edification, or do you have publication as your ultimate aim?

When you write, you're obviously doing it because you enjoy it (otherwise, why bother at all?). But do you also view your efforts as practice? Are you refining your craft for your own personal edification, or do you have publication as your ultimate aim?

No never have publication as my ultimate aim.Purely for enjoyment. Would like to see something from you, Hecate, as you sound very intelligent. :cool:

I write simply because it gives me a buzz, you can express yourself more in your writings than verbally; you can become the extravert you all ways wanted to be, but never had the guts.

Obviously we would all like to become a published author, but till then let’s get back to our scribbles.

Writing a novel of any kind is not the easy ride that people think.Writers have to be dedicated, and work long hours. It must be a lonely proffession.

No never have publication as my ultimate aim.Purely for enjoyment. Would like to see something from you, Hecate, as you sound very intelligent. :cool:

Why, thank you :) . I'm a perfectionist and allergic to criticism. Not a very good combination for having others scrutinize my writing :lol: .

Why, thank you :) . I'm a perfectionist and allergic to criticism. Not a very good combination for having others scrutinize my writing :lol: .

Oh, go on, be a devil, and give it a try.!!!

as cliched as it is, I write because I have to. no other way to put it.

this is jah work, only the mistakes are mine.

I always write with publication in mind. I always write with the movie rights in mind, too. I think it helps (me) to see a more dynamic world...

I always write purely for myself, although my old English teacher did once tell me she awaited my first published novel based on the quality of my made up stories... Write after I'd written a condensed version of War of the Worlds where the Martians had "invaded" our Backyard and I'd singlehandedly sent them packing using my Karate skills :D

I always write purely for myself, although my old English teacher did once tell me she awaited my first published novel based on the quality of my made up stories... Write after I'd written a condensed version of War of the Worlds where the Martians had "invaded" our Backyard and I'd singlehandedly sent them packing using my Karate skills :D

Are you going to submit something on The Writers section then Rich ? :cool: