Don't ask me to do my job, I'm a Christian

Yes well my interest is in perverts having care of young children.

Well that's rather problematic then as by the incredibly broad range of sexual activity (eg. oral sex) you class as perverted you apparently think the vast majority of the population of Britain shouldn't be allowed to care for children.

Grahame hasn't been attacked. His views have been challenged and countered. Grahame has repeatedly referred to gay people as 'perverts'. As such, if anyone's being doing any attacking, I'd suggest it was Grahame himself.

and he's been doing it again!

Yes well my interest is in perverts having care of young children

Wrong, the majority are heterosexual and hold similar views, why do you think they call gays q****?

As a gay man, I call myself queer because the likes of you regard me as a freak, a pervert (it's Grahame's favourite word for a queer by the way), something abhorrent, something decidely queer. So, the word queer has been reclaimed by gay people with pride, and I use it because I for one won't let Grahame, royjames, and their ilk write me off as sub-human, make me invisible, and force me to live my life in some eternal closet, hidden from their view. I'm open about my sexuality, as I have nothing to hide.

The onus of proof is on the homosexuals to prove the ethical and moral worth of their perverted lifestyle.

I need to prove nothing to you at all Grahame.

There is no humanity in Grahame's posts, no searching to understand, no place for tolerance. Instead Grahame only condemns and castigates gays, based on his somewhat unhealthy fixation on sexual acts.

I live my life free from having to prove anything at all to you Grahame.

In the words of a well known gay anthem....

I am what I am - I am my own special creation.

So come take a look, give me the hook or the ovation.

It's my world that I want to have a little pride in -

My world, And it's not a place I have to hide in

Life's not worth a damn, `til you can say: "I am what I am"

I am what I am, I don't want praise, I don't want pity -

I bang my own drum, some think it's noise, I think it's pretty.

And so what if I love each feather and each spangle,

Why not try and see things from a different angel?

Your life is a sham, `til you can shout out: "I am what I am"

I am what I am and what I am needs no excuses

I deal my own deck - sometimes the ace, sometimes the deuces.

It's one life and there's no return and no deposit.

One life, so it's time to open up your closet.

Life's not worth a damn `til you can shout out: "I am what I am"

As a gay man, I call myself queer because the likes of you regard me as a freak, a pervert (it's Grahame's favourite word for a queer by the way), something abhorrent, something decidely queer. So, the word queer has been reclaimed by gay people with pride, and I use it because I for one won't let Grahame, royjames, and their ilk write me off as sub-human, make me invisible, and force me to live my life in some eternal closet, hidden from their view. I'm open about my sexuality, as I have nothing to hide.

I need to prove nothing to you at all Grahame.

There is no humanity in Grahame's posts, no searching to understand, no place for tolerance. Instead Grahame only condemns and castigates gays, based on his somewhat unhealthy fixation on sexual acts.

<snippity>

I certainly don't consider you as subhuman, or a pervert, Red!

<snippity>

I certainly don't consider you as subhuman, or a pervert, Red!

I know that sunshine. :thumbsup:

Thanks for your support on tbis thread. I have to confess that it's a long time since I have come across such rabid homophobia as that expressed by Grahame. Grahame is entitled to his views on homosexuality. What I and others will not allow him to do unchallenged is to continally post assertions that gays and lesbians are perverts, and unfit to adopt children. He manifestly fails every time to provide any satisfactory reason; but then, that's what homophobes do - they just post unsubstantiated bile.

What’s particularly aggravating about those opposing gay adoption in this particular case is that they are perfectly willing to have children languish in homes with the huge harm to their life chances that entails rather than adopted by homosexuals.

Homophobia is bad enough, but people actually wanting children suffer to satisfy their hatred is simply abhorrent. I just find it astonishing that they congratulate themselves as ‘moral’ for having such a cruel and heartless disregard for human suffering.

What’s particularly aggravating about those opposing gay adoption in this particular case is that they are perfectly willing to have children languish in homes with the huge harm to their life chances that entails rather than adopted by homosexuals.

Homophobia is bad enough, but people actually wanting children suffer to satisfy their hatred is simply abhorrent. I just find it astonishing that they congratulate themselves as ‘moral’ for having such a cruel and heartless disregard for human suffering.

.... and to justify their prejudices by claiming the kids are better off living in a home, with the constant staff changes, and fighting and wrecking the place.

The Welsh gay Anglican priest, the Rev Martin Reynolds, has, with his partner, raised a boy with severe behavioural difficulties for the past 15 years.....

"Mr Reynolds said: "There are thousands of kids out there and I would not want to see one of them being denied a home with a family, but I also would not want to see them being denied a home if there was a suitable gay family who could take them. One person can make all the difference if they are suitable that's how vital it is - and the church should not knock out one section of people before they even look. Kids just need a good parent.

"You can't make kids gay. What they need is a loving home to move into. It's about children having the right place, so that the maximum number can have a chance in life."

Full story here..... http://www.guardian.co.uk/gayrights/story/0,,1998060,00.html

But no doubt Grahame will think the priest and his partner are perverted.

Mod note:

OK, and with that I'm closing this thread for lots of very obvious reasons.