Normanton Springs Health Survey !

Ref my previous post , im now in the process of collecting as much info of health issues with people living around the Normanton springs area ..close to the land fill , if you know of anyone who has any Cancer/ brain tumors/ any neurological illness such as dementia/MS etc please let me know , im at the moment collecting as much data as possible to get this ball rolling in the right direction.... I have already contacted the right person who is guiding me through the process...

LETS GET ACTIVE HERE !

Ref my previous post , im now in the process of collecting as much info of health issues with people living around the Normanton springs area ..close to the land fill , if you know of anyone who has any Cancer/ brain tumors/ any neurological illness such as dementia/MS etc please let me know , im at the moment collecting as much data as possible to get this ball rolling in the right direction.... I have already contacted the right person who is guiding me through the process...

LETS GET ACTIVE HERE !

I have no idea if you have a genuine case or not, but I do know that all cancer cases are kept on a database along with postcode. It wouldn't be right to have the details of an individual, but I wonder if you can get access to statistical data.

The old Landfill Site alongside Normanton Hill was never officially used for toxic waste. The only thing which should be coming out of there is Methane from the breakdown of the household waste and that is being burnt at the junction of Lindley Lane and Normanton Hill. The seepage from the waste breakdown is run off to sewer.

Knowing a number of people who live in Normanton Springs none of them has ever said anything to me about smells from the old Landfill. Considering that a number of them worked down the pit and at the old Orgreave By-Product Plant, Orgreave is most likely to be the cause of any cancers which you might, or might not find. Lung Cancers would be hard to pin on the Landfill if the poor soul with it worked down the pit.. In any case you will need to access the Landfill Deposit Records as well as the method used to finally cap the waste disposal site. If I remember rightly it was done by a mud cap and the walls around the landfill were also sealed. Trying to prove that the landfill is responsible for illneses among the Normanton Spring residents will be very difficult, if not almost impossible. You are going to need a lot of Chemical Testing data which you may find difficult to obtain. Once you have it linking it to illness will need a very good Biochemist to sort it all out. I wish you luck but I think on the face of it that you may be unlucky in getting any really relevant data correlated to any illnesses.

I think you are absolutley spot on about Orgreave lots of people in the Catcliffe/Brinsworth area are now suffering from Cancer and lung related issues. I would be interested to know the numbers.