More terrorist plans foiled

2 wrongs don't make a right!

Down with the aristocracy too, Tony!

To hell with the Royalists! :D

So did a whole bunch of English and European Kings. Let's try to move the discussion on instead of getting bogged down in the usual "Muslims this" Muslims that" off topic chat.

Thanks.

But they were married 'in name only' for a number of years after the wedding... even in the middle ages people had a sense of right and wrong

StarSparkle

So did a whole bunch of English and European Kings. .

But the marriages of children in the age of absolute monarchies in Europe generally took place for dynastic reasons and normally were between people in roughly the same age bracket. In contrast to this Mohamed was well into his fifties when he married Aisha, who was then only six years old, and the marriage was fully consumated when she was nine.

How many muslims served under allied forces during WWII? Or did you not bother to check that out?

Go on, I know you're itching to tell us - you know the answer already don't you?

But the marriages of children in the age of absolute monarchies in Europe generally took place for dynastic reasons and normally were between people in roughly the same age bracket. In contrast to this Mohamed was well into his fifties when he married Aisha, who was then only six years old, and the marriage was fully consumated when she was nine.

HM Terrorist thread, i got a bollocking the other day for going of subject. Strange one that, anyway sorry carry on.:thumbsup:

Well spotted brooksy. I hadn't intended to provide material for an off topic thread! :)

Now everyone else... can we move it on as previously requested, and in line with the topic.?

The 'way of life' we want to retain doesn't include forced marriages, interfamilial marriage, enforcement of religious garb and being ostracised because you don't want any part of it.

We? So you have taken on speaking for the great "we" as opposed to them muslims, huh quite a little crusader arn't WE? Why not let Mr Chop speak for himself?

You didn't like the example I used because it was of the worst of human behaviour, but you are quite happy to lable all muslims as bad people for actions of a few idiote like the scum who murdered the baby, or those who partake in terrorist activity.

No amount explanations will overcome your ignorance or is it arrogance? It isn't the muslims forcing their religion onto you, but you banging on the same drum regardless of what anybody else posts. Every few days we get back to the same old diatribe of they hate our way of life and our freedoms and they are ready to take over the country, and sharia law is just round the corner, it's getting a little boring.

No amount explanations will overcome your ignorance or is it arrogance? It isn't the muslims forcing their religion onto you, but you banging on the same drum regardless of what anybody else posts. Every few days we get back to the same old diatribe of they hate our way of life and our freedoms and they are ready to take over the country, and sharia law is just round the corner, it's getting a little boring.

It's odd to see the way that some in this country see muslims and then see the way that some muslims are given a picture of the west that is the same but with the words muslim and west reversed.

It's down to misunderstanding and mistrust. Time we all took the time tio understand each other and stop playing a name calling game based on mis-information and ignorence.

There are muslim terrorists but there are millions of non terrorists to each muslim who would drop a bomb on anyone.

Same goes for the way many muslims see us. Muslim country's newspapers do just the same as ours giving a picture of a load of fanatical Blair supporters who hate islam.

It's creating a faceless beast that leads to hate and conflict.

I find your comment really offensive “]Does that way of life include being able to rape and murder a two year old?....... Nice..:) “

Is that what your mind works like

Does that way of life include being able to rape and murder a two year old?....... Nice..:) Not everything is good about every way of life, just as all Muslims aren't terrorists.

In every country you have people like yourself who want to preserve their freedom to live their lives as they want. Forcing people to do otherwise is what the Americans are doing in Iraq, and not the Muslim armies marching onto Westminster. Freedom and not religion is the reason for turmoil in Iraq, although religion is used as a rallying cry.

Muslims have been here a long time, and the first mosque was opened in Eighteen Hundreds, and no way of life of this country has changed at all, and it's not about to. It's just your Islamaphobia getting the better of you methinks.

I find your comment really offensive “Does that way of life include being able to rape and murder a two year old?....... Nice..:) “

Is that what your mind works like

I find your comment really offensive “Does that way of life include being able to rape and murder a two year old?....... Nice..:) “ Is that what your mind works like

He prefers to try to justify himself, by vilifying others. Trying to use a bereaved family's sorrow at losing a baby in terrible circumstances, just to prove his sad point is a disgrace. tab1, you should be ashamed of yourself and your opinions.

As to tab1's reply to me about being against Islam, yes I am. I'm against fundamentalist religion of any ilk! I'm not banging on about terrorists, they are just the tip of the iceberg and the least of my worries. I'm more concerned about the tenets of the entire religion. If the Muslim clerics weren't always banging on about how women are defective and don't deserve any rights, and encouraging stupid boys to go out and be 'soldiers for allah' there'd be no need for me to be arguing at all. It just seems to me that they won't be satisfied until they've got us all under the thumb. It's a terrifying prospect for Westerners, especially women.

The latest thing apparently (being discussed on another thread) is that some high up Muslim 'cleric' wants to bring back the chastity belt for women! What about a chastity belt for the ones that really need one - men who can't control their violent lusts?

I despair of people like tab1 ... all they're doing in these endless attempts to justify their mindset is bringing people's latent prejudices out and fomenting unrest in the general population.