More terrorist plans foiled

Mod note: OK, now that's sorted let's move it on shall we?

But its only a 'fact' because the beliefs on which it is based are going unchallenged. For example, if millions of people believed that the moon was made of green cheese, it would be a 'fact' that they believed this. I would however make it true. A 'moon is made of green cheese' belief is benign, because it is unlikely to do any harm. However, a belief that the war in Iraq is a war against muslims is anything but benign, because it has already led to a least two serious terrorist attacks and may be the basis of the growing rift in our society between muslims and non-muslims.

I don't think dismissing Muslim concerns, by comparing them to the belief that the moon is made of cheese, is going to win over anyone being lured towards a more radical Islamic position. You are a clever man Lord C but perhaps diplomacy is not your strongest point. ;)

The war in Iraq is wrong (morally and legally) regardless of whether any perception that it's a war against Muslims is justified or not. Therefore, the right thing to do is to withdraw and eat lots of humble pie. As a result of doing this, we will take away some of the "excuse", which will be a good starting point for building bridges and beginning a serious debate about the place of Islam, and other religions, in our society.

In birmingham nasty plot to capture, torture and behead a inosent passer by.

Is enough, enough now. yes there are good muslims but a majority of them seem to be following his bizzare cult to make it in to some sort of reason to kill.

Should we introduce the death penalty for these people (not just for muslim terrorists but cold blooded killers in general)

I think these terrorist should be put to death and close friends and family should be sent to their own country. "Born in england" i hear you say, well send them to the country they are ment to be in.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-1249593,00.html

I actually work in Birmingham within half a mile of Asquith Road where one of the 'plotters' were picked up. The amount of police in the area was astounding and many muslims said they felt very uneasy and there was much unrest in their community. I'm not against any religion at all but if a load of white 'plotters' had been carted away I would have been happy that plans were foiled - their uneasiness surely only points to guilt??? They are a very close community, and its hard to imagine they had no idea about this!!

The amount of police in the area was astounding and many muslims said they felt very uneasy and there was much unrest in their community. I'm not against any religion at all but if a load of white 'plotters' had been carted away I would have been happy that plans were foiled - their uneasiness surely only points to guilt??? They are a very close community, and its hard to imagine they had no idea about this!!

Maybe they should just arrest every muslim and have done with it. :loopy:

oooh I bet you feel better for that dont you Tony,your just a coward who hides behind his key board,one day someone will find your identity then we will see just how BIG you are.

Your not fit to be admin.

ah yes, the BNP - a mature political force.

Well done that man :rolleyes:

oooh I bet you feel better for that dont you Tony,your just a coward who hides behind his key board,one day someone will find your identity then we will see just how BIG you are.

Your not fit to be admin.

That sounds very much like a threat of violence to me. I'm surprised he's still here!

ah yes, the BNP - a mature political force.

Well done that man :rolleyes:

I dont see how this rant makes him a BNP member?

Angry maybe, rude definatly but BNP?

I dont see how this rant makes him a BNP member?

Angry maybe, rude definatly but BNP?

Just Google the words - Roy James BNP

That sounds very much like a threat of violence to me. I'm surprised he's still here!

It is, and he isn't.

Simple as that.

Maybe they should just arrest every muslim and have done with it. :loopy:

You are right, Muslims are being singled out. If it was a case of the police cracking down on road tax dodgers or speeding, but they only targeted Muslims, then it would be outragous. However, they are trying to deal with the threat from Islamic extremists, all of whom are going to be Muslim, which makes it reasonable to single out Muslims.

Just to clairfy what you are saying. Are you saying that the muslim countries are wrong to persecute other religions, and you want tolerence and understanding shown to all worlds religions. Or are you saying that the muslim countries are right, and we should change our culture to become a bit more like theirs.

No what I am saying is "every other religion gets persecuted by Islam in every country where the Muslims rule." I put it in BOLD incase you missed it last time.