More terrorist plans foiled

Instead of pandering to it, or legitimizing it by default (i.e. by remaining silent as the radical clerics rant and rave – in the hope that they will go away), we should be vigorously challenging it at every opportunity.

You won't find any post where I've advocated pandering to radical clerics. What I said was, let's not alientate moderate Muslims because it is counter productive.

The invasion of Iraq has made the Islamic terrorist threat many times greater. It is the main reason young Muslims in the UK are becoming radicalised. I'm not trying to justify it, I'm just saying it's a fact. Making the statement that you don't believe it is justified, won't stop the trend and will probably make it worse by reinforcing the 'them and us' mentality. Instead we should be admitting our part in all this, admit our wrong-doing and try and put things right e.g. withdraw from Iraq, say sorry, promise never to do it again etc.

But without apology or even being told why they were arrested in the first place, which isn't very right or proper.

They were arrested because they were associates of those who were charged. The police obviously needed to establish whether they were involved also.

Whilst we need to be guarded against the police abusing their new found powers, I don't think should be insisting on apologies and explanations each time they release someone without charge.

The invasion of Iraq has made the Islamic terrorist threat many times greater. It is the main reason young Muslims in the UK are becoming radicalised. I'm not trying to justify it, I'm just saying it's a fact. Making the statement that you don't believe it is justified, won't stop the trend and will probably make it worse by reinforcing the 'them and us' mentality. Instead we should be admitting our part in all this, admit our wrong-doing and try and put things right e.g. withdraw from Iraq, say sorry, promise never to do it again etc.

But its only a 'fact' because the beliefs on which it is based are going unchallenged. For example, if millions of people believed that the moon was made of green cheese, it would be a 'fact' that they believed this. I would however make it true. A 'moon is made of green cheese' belief is benign, because it is unlikely to do any harm. However, a belief that the war in Iraq is a war against muslims is anything but benign, because it has already led to a least two serious terrorist attacks and may be the basis of the growing rift in our society between muslims and non-muslims.

Mod note:

Dont hold your breath,halibut and the rest of the Islamaphiles will probably keep quiet.;)

Quit goading, or prepare for yet another ban to add to your extensive collection.

But without apology or even being told why they were arrested in the first place, which isn't very right or proper.

Is it usual practice for the police to apologise and offer explanations everytime they let someone go without charge after helping them with their enquiries? If so I've never heard of it, not that I get arrested regularly.

I always thought that if you wanted to make a point you had to follow the complaints procedures. If the case runs true to form, the police have done them a favour. Isn't the going rate for wrongful detention of terror suspects, something like £250k each? They'll be made for life.

Is it usual practice for the police to apologise and offer explanations everytime they let someone go without charge after helping them with their enquiries? If so I've never heard of it, not that I get arrested regularly.

I always thought that if you wanted to make a point you had to follow the complaints procedures. If the case runs true to form, the police have done them a favour. Isn't the going rate for wrongful detention of terror suspects, something like £250k each? They'll be made for life.

I was thinking more in the context of 'mending fences'. I have never been arrested but always thought that the police were obliged to tell people they arrest their reasons for doing so.

OTOH if you're a Muslim and get your front door caved in at four in the morning by a posse of policemen it's fair to assume they believe you're a terrorist :D

if the police arrest you they have to ,or need any medication,if you suffer from any ailments ,have you ever tried to kill your self,?you are then issued with a leaflet explaining your rights to a solicitor,the hours of sleep and interviewing you are allowed,the amount of time per hour you can be interviewed for, and your right to contact some one by telephone

during the taped interview you are allowed to ask questions .you do not have to give a simple yes/no responce,you can stop the tape to ask your solicitors advice,at the end of the interview you are allowed to pick one of the two tapes that have covered the interview,your selection is signed and given to your legal representative,the other is signed and dated and saved to be sent to the dpps

so, if those arrested have any complaints they have a leaflet with the complaints procedure on it,the hours they are locked up are logged ,they have the interview tape,so, if the police were doing it just for the hell of it,the whole system would be proven as false by any second rate solicitor,thats why the interviews take so long,its to be sure they are doing everything by the book

Mod note:

Quit goading, or prepare for yet another ban to add to your extensive collection.

oooh I bet you feel better for that dont you Tony,your just a coward who hides behind his key board,one day someone will find your identity then we will see just how BIG you are.

Your not fit to be admin.

oooh I bet you feel better for that dont you Tony,your just a coward who hides behind his key board,one day someone will find your identity then we will see just how BIG you are.

This is bang out of order, nobody is forcing you to use this site. Infact I doubt you will be back on this site to throw your threats around. I may miss laughing at you, but I am sure I'll get over it.

This is bang out of order, nobody is forcing you to use this site. Infact I doubt you will be back on this site to throw your threats around. I may miss laughing at you, but I am sure I'll get over it.

I agree, royjames may not have meant his post that way, but it certainly reads like a threat. :nono:

Everyone could take issue with the Mods posts at some time or another but they are charged with the organisation of SF on behalf of the site owner and shouldn't get personal abuse and threats.

In birmingham nasty plot to capture, torture and behead a inosent passer by.

Is enough, enough now. yes there are good muslims but a majority of them seem to be following his bizzare cult to make it in to some sort of reason to kill.

Should we introduce the death penalty for these people (not just for muslim terrorists but cold blooded killers in general)

I think these terrorist should be put to death and close friends and family should be sent to their own country. "Born in england" i hear you say, well send them to the country they are ment to be in.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-1249593,00.html

excuse me! are you the voice of the people! a bizarre cult!!? No, I think that you are rasist. Hello! these terrorists are british muslims!!!! so send them where?? back to england??? This is islamic phobia gone mad!!

What a lovely, deeply sensitive and charming response from our resident 'save the whale' campaigner.