More terrorist plans foiled

No, I don't. Do you support the BNP's stance on homsexuals? Just a yes or a no will suffice.

Yes. see easy eh you ought to try it more often.:thumbsup:

Ok I suggest you watch this prog about Islam and its fanatics,I watched it last night and the lady athough a muslim herself spells it out very clearly.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/hardtalk/6335401.stm

Halibut fishing in the offshore waters from Tofino B.C. has been consistently strong all season so far, and the month of August should see this trend continue. Most Halibut in the Tofino and Ucluelet area waters are in the 20-40 lb. range with some fish getting much larger. Most Halibut are caught in depth ranges from 140-240 feet, and anywhere from 3 miles outside Tofino’s lighthouse to 18 miles offshore. Bottom bouncing artificial baits and white grubs are popular, but we often catch numerous Halibut while trolling for Salmon throughout the season.

I always though he lived in Sheffield :hihi:

I didnt know there was anyone one here called Salmon :D

Yes. see easy eh you ought to try it more often.:thumbsup:

Ask me nicely and I'll teach you how to do it.

Isn't it ironic royjames that the far right parties of this country share a loathing of homosexuals with elements of Islam, which they similarly loathe?

Ask me nicely and I'll teach you how to do it.

Isn't it ironic royjames that the far right parties of this country share a loathing of homosexuals with elements of Islam, which they similarly loathe?

Difference is the right wing dont propose to kill em:thumbsup: Come on you ought to be able to do better than that halibut.;)

Difference is the right wing dont propose to kill em:thumbsup:

Not openly perhaps.

Halibut, do you think you could stop baiting people about Islam and bring this back on topic now?

Thanks.

tab1 constantly tries to denigrate women and any contributions we may make to a discussion no matter where on SF s/he finds him/herself.

It's too childish to say "no I don't", and so as an adult willing to accept criticism can you point out where I have denigrated women apart from deliberately winding up this Purdyamos character. You use the word "constantly" so there must be plenty of examples, I can't find them so please help me out will you.

This is strangly reminiscent of the scene out of CBB where the Indian actress says, "what is happening here Jo? Are you going to say something? followed by gigles :)

I have not defended the terrorists any any way, and only pointed out to posters on here that muslim does not equate to terrorist but, sadly some want to interpret that in itelf as being wrong. So much for debate then.

It's too childish to say "no I don't", and so as an adult willing to accept criticism can you point out where I have denigrated women apart from deliberately winding up this Purdyamos character. You use the word "constantly" so there must be plenty of examples, I can't find them so please help me out will you.

This is strangly reminiscent of the scene out of CBB where the Indian actress says, "what is happening here Jo? Are you going to say something? followed by gigles :)

I have not defended the terrorists any any way, and only pointed out to posters on here that muslim does not equate to terrorist but, sadly some want to interpret that in itelf as being wrong. So much for debate then.

Don't come the innocent victim.

You've admitted to trolling Purdyamos - that is unacceptable. There have been numerous complaints about your posts, and like I said, it stops here.

You're definitely capable of posting on topic and without being personally offensive, so please do so. If you choose to do otherwise, then I'll regard it as trolling and simply suspend your account.

I see today that two people have been released without charge after the raids in Birmingham

Bet you won't read much about that in the papers. Just as well we've got "snow chaos" so the imaginary terrorist story can be quietly dropped.

I see today that two people have been released without charge after the raids in Birmingham

...and still no sign of any charges for the others...:suspect:

Operation 'Gamble' - could be all bets are off.

Charges have now been brought... bbc.

Whilst I share some of the worries about the police and intellegence services having perhaps too much power under the new anti-terrorism laws, that does not detract away from the fact that there is still a real problem with young Muslims in this country becoming radicalised.

I think the difficulty for the police and intellegence services is differentiating between real plotters and those that are all mouth and no trousers. They are in a bit of a no win situation because if they make the judgement call that the suspects are all mouth, but they then go on to commit an attrocity like the 7/7 lot, then they are slatted. If they decide to pick up, question and (in some cases) prosecute "wannabies", then there are accusations about a "police state for Muslims".

Personally, I am slowly moving towards the view that the police are acting responsibly. I don't think they have a choice. If innocent people within the Muslim community are getting caught up then that is unfortunate but not a reason for stopping what they are doing. Instead of moaning about a "police state for Muslims", perhaps Muslim communities should be looking to deal with the problem within so police have no cause to be spying on and arresting their youth?

Don't get me wrong, I am not without some sympathy for how young Muslims are feeling. I think it is outragous that the US and UK invaded Iraq. I'm angry about it and I'm sure that if I were a Muslim then I'd be a lot angrier still. However, they should seek address through protest, debate and argument. Radical Islam is not the solution and, regardless of the hypocracy of us invading Iraq to impose our "foreign ways", it will not be tollorated in this country.