More terrorist plans foiled

So you let offensive and bigoted language pass unless it's directly linked to the thread title? No, of course you don't. Just this one.

purdyamos, weve been down this road before. Why do you get your knickers in such a twist about me? It's all very odd.

You can carry reasonability and fair play to ridiculous lengths sometimes .. refusing to take a stand just makes people think - hmmmm?

tab1 constantly tries to denigrate women and any contributions we may make to a discussion no matter where on SF s/he finds him/herself. JoeP's quite right to call him/her to order. I just feel that s/he can't help it having regard to the cultural traditions in which s/he has been brought up. S/he really does think that women don't have anything of worth to contribute.

More to be pitied than blamed, you might say.

I wasn't aware of tab1 belonging to any particular cultural tradition, rubydazzler, nor, to be honest that he/she (maybe he) has a history of denigrating women. I don't read that many of his/her posts.

Tell you what rubydazzler, you let me know exactly what you suspect I'm refusing to take a stand on and I'll see if I can answer you.

I wasn't aware of tab1 belonging to any particular cultural tradition, rubydazzler, nor, to be honest that he/she (maybe he) has a history of denigrating women. I don't read that many of his/her posts.

Tell you what rubydazzler, you let me know exactly what you suspect I'm refusing to take a stand on and I'll see if I can answer you.

Tell you what Halibut ... in this case, sexism against women and homophobia. In other cases - almost everything except your particular bees ...

sorry JoeP ... allowed myself to be dragged off topic again :(

Tell you what Halibut ... in this case, sexism against women and homophobia. In other cases - almost everything except your particular bees ...

sorry JoeP ... allowed myself to be dragged off topic again :(

Well rubydazzler, for the record I'm happy to say that I deplore sexist attitudes to women as much as I deplore homophobia.:)

I see today that two people have been released without charge after the raids in Birmingham

Well rubydazzler, for the record I'm happy to say that I deplore sexist attitudes to women as much as I deplore homophobia.:)

Thank you Halibut, that couldn't be clearer ... I hope that people like tab1 read it and understand that their attitude is not generally in favour on SF :)

I know it's difficult for people who feel that they're being backed into a corner and feel they have to defend their religion or culture right or wrong, and I've said this to tab1 before. But next time, s/he does the same again.

Having said that and back on topic, I'm getting seriously concerned about these "suspected terrorist" raids and then no evidence is able to be found. If as they say, they've been observing these people for months, you have to ask yourself WHY? How good is the intelligence?

I see today that two people have been released without charge after the raids in Birmingham

That still leaves the others,better to be safe than sorry.

purdyamos, weve been down this road before. Why do you get your knickers in such a twist about me? It's all very odd.

Because I disagree with you a hell of a lot, like I disagree with other people. You regularly show double standards and hypocrisy. Stop trying to make my opinions out to be some sort of personal issue. I have the right to disagree with you, but you don't think disagreement should apply to you. You constantly disagree with certain posters, are you being personal in those cases? I find your accusations prove that it's you that has the issue. You use it as a way to dodge arguments you've got no answer to. And please don't use such condescending language about me.

MODS sorry this is way off topic, I was talking about Islam, but Halibut doesn't want to.

Because I disagree with you a hell of a lot, like I disagree with other people. You regularly show double standards and hypocrisy. Stop trying to make my opinions out to be some sort of personal issue. I have the right to disagree with you, but you don't think disagreement should apply to you. You constantly disagree with certain posters, are you being personal in those cases? I find your accusations prove that it's you that has the issue. You use it as a way to dodge arguments you've got no answer to. And please don't use such condescending language about me.

MODS sorry this is way off topic, I was talking about Islam, but Halibut doesn't want to.

Oh dear, oh dear.

Halibut do YOU support the Islamic worlds stance on homosexuals?

Just a yes or no will suffice.:thumbsup:

No, I don't. Do you support the BNP's stance on homsexuals? Just a yes or a no will suffice.

So you think that the whole islamic world has one stance on homosexuals, do you really believe this?