More terrorist plans foiled

Tab1, you are ignorant of the Reformation and the Enlightenment, which have moulded modern Europeans far more than Christianity. In just about all of your posts I have seen, you are incapable of understanding the basic difference between a theocratic mindset and a freethinking, questioning one. We have become liberated over the last few generations from religious dogmatic straitjackets of the like that you constantly commend. Our social progress has been a hard-won result of brave people prepared to stand up to religious tyranny, dogma and oppression.

You have a totalitarian mindset and are in serious denial of anything bad at all in the Islamic world. Your comment above about homosexuality is a classic case of just how bad religion can be. Ditto your inability to view or respond to females as autonomous, equal human beings. You pretend that no muslims ever say or do anything to give reason for critisism, yet your posts in fact prove the opposite.

Are you a female by any chance? I thought so, and so enlightened, and about me did you work all that out by yourself? :hihi: Read your own post again dear and look who has the totalitarian mindset, I am not forcing my beliefs on anyone so please keep yours to yourself, much appreciated thank you!

If you can't accept differences in people then you are the one with the problem, mirror advised. :)

Are you a female by any chance? I thought so, and so enlightened, and about me did you work all that out by yourself? :hihi: Read your own post again dear and look who has the totalitarian mindset, I am not forcing my beliefs on anyone so please keep yours to yourself, much appreciated thank you!

If you can't accept differences in people then you are the one with the problem, mirror advised. :)

How perceptive of you to discern that purdy is a female. That explains it all doesn't it?

Can you avoid being patronising, please?

It doesn't help. It is possible to make points without trying to be clever.

Please do so.

You sound like a man with a VERY big chip - just why is it you feel you can get away with speaking to a woman like that? It reeks of misogyny. Not surprising, having read a number of your posts, but not nice or acceptable all the same.

StarSparkle

OK people - let's not get in to personal stuff any further here.

Back on topic, please.

Can you avoid being patronising, please?

It doesn't help. It is possible to make points without trying to be clever.

Please do so.

Sorry Joep, it was just a way of rising above direct name calling which seems to have escaped your attention.

Sorry Joep, it was just a way of rising above direct name calling which seems to have escaped your attention.

You've been getting away with a lot on here.

Now, I suggest you just stop griping about being pulled up on your behaviour and stick to the topic in hand, please. No more warnings - just get on with debate without name calling.

To all Islamists, and their left wing appeasers:

Wake up and smell the coffee

Also: Recently there was outrage and vociferous condemnation of Grahame for describing homosexuals as 'perverts'. The same happens on the BNP thread. Tab1 has above also stated that homosexuals are perverts. Yet all the activists and anti-homophobia posters have turned a blind eye and remain silent. Such double standards are a disgrace.

...there was outrage and vociferous condemnation of Grahame for describing homosexuals as 'perverts'. The same happens on the BNP thread. Tab1 has above also stated that homosexuals are perverts. Yet all the activists and anti-homophobia posters have turned a blind eye and remain silent. Such double standards are a disgrace.

Or maybe those who condemned Grahame's use of the word 'pervert' to describe homosexuals simply haven't seen tab1's comments? No double standards on my part, I can assure you. Why would there be?

Or maybe those who condemned Grahame's use of the word 'pervert' to describe homosexuals simply haven't seen tab1's comments? No double standards on my part, I can assure you. Why would there be?

Or perhaps it was because they were in a thread about terrorism as opposed to a thread where sexuality was a central point?

Or perhaps it was because they were in a thread about terrorism as opposed to a thread where sexuality was a central point?

You can carry reasonability and fair play to ridiculous lengths sometimes .. refusing to take a stand just makes people think - hmmmm?

tab1 constantly tries to denigrate women and any contributions we may make to a discussion no matter where on SF s/he finds him/herself. JoeP's quite right to call him/her to order. I just feel that s/he can't help it having regard to the cultural traditions in which s/he has been brought up. S/he really does think that women don't have anything of worth to contribute.

More to be pitied than blamed, you might say.

So you let offensive and bigoted language pass unless it's directly linked to the thread title? No, of course you don't. Just this one.