Anyone remember the Rendezvous café?

Thanks Ian, I would appreciate your input Re: Boris' experiences in the German army.

Edited by helbo
More detail

Hi Helbo Boris was my father unfortunately he passed away on the 24th june 2010, he joined the German army aged 16 (as most young poles were conscripted) and began training at the Kaiser Wilhelm Kaserne Mannheim and served in Italy, his commanding officer was from the same area as my dads parents and as they had a farm used to send livestock etc over to the commanding officers family thus he received the rank of corporal and the iron class 2nd class, 2 years into the war he joined the Italian partisans and then the free poles after which he landed in england reason being poland was mainly occupied by russia and turning into a communist regime, as for the ss he always liked a good joke and may have said something on those lines, and yes i have seen evidence re photos etc.

hi helbo boris was my father unfortunately he passed away on the 24th june 2010, he joined the german army aged 16 (as most young poles were conscripted) and began training at the kaiser wilhelm kaserne mannheim and served in italy, his commanding officer was from the same area as my dads parents and as they had a farm used to send livestock etc over to the commanding officers family thus he received the rank of corporal and the iron class 2nd class, 2 years into the war he joined the italian partisans and then the free poles after which he landed in england reason being poland was mainly occupied by russia and turning into a communist regime, as for the ss he always liked a good joke and may have said something on those lines, and yes i have seen evidence re photos etc.

looks like someone is talking fact not crap. I remember the guy all the best to you

looks like someone is talking fact not crap. I remember the guy all the best to you

Many thanks for your comment rhodesian

Edited by Ian Brooks
Misinterpreted the reply

Was this anything to do with sheffield lane top?

Tara the rendezvous at sheff,lane top i remember it well it was run by two sisters called Smith dont know the first names ,i think they lived on Rolliston road,i do remember they employed a girl called Dot i was about 10 yrs old she was an original 40,s sweater girl she now lives in Chapeltown i reconised her in the Ranch {thorncliffe cricket club }after narly 60yrs .

(The one on London road) Was this about the time they did meals upstairs... ?

Last comment re Boris Tworek and his so called SS connection other than if you actually served in the SS alongside him supply proof and if you can do neither then stick to facts and not fiction or hear say i go into many a cafe and restaurent and speak to the employees on a regular basis but dont presume to know them and if one of them told me that they came from mars my intelligence would demand proof but then again many out there would settle for the colour of their green skin, if you get my meaning

Edited by Ian Brooks

On 01/10/2019 at 09:28, Ian Brooks said:

Hi Jean Helena, yes my mother was Eileen.

Hi Ian. I worked with a Boris Tworek at Middlewood Hospital 1977-1980. You're presumably related ? Nice chap.

That Boris Tworek  who worked in the hospital in 1977 was the nephew of the late Boris Tworek