Samoyed Puppy shortage?

Are these the same breed as a chow chow but the also look like the akitas when the they have gone a touch the wrong way.

They're a spitz breed.

They come from Siberia where they used to pull the sleds and then sleep on their owners at night to keep them warm (aaaawwwwwwwww)

They do kind of look like a chow in that they're very fluffy (they have a dense undercoat then the weather resistant outer coat growing through it). I can't say I've seen any looking like Akitas apart from they carry their tail curled up on top. The puppies are like little polar bears and the adults look very proud and as is they're always smiling.

I do know sometimes akitas can go wrong and end up looking more like chow chows because when I was young we went to have one that a breeder did not want and was going to give it the chop and give away or if nobody took it he was going to have it euthanised apparently to stop defects getting into the breed but this seems very wrong to me the euthanising I mean.

And I bet she was worth the wait :)

I've had an email back and am going to see a litter tomorrow so fingers crossed!

You were right to avoid the pups with tear staining. can indicate a congenital problem called goniodysgenysis (commonly known a blocked tear ducts) often linked with primary gloucoma and bad news for a dog, particularly when present as a pup. Know a little about sammis, as used to be a sled-dog breed, also a deer herding breed. they used to be shown under 'working' group, but now shown under 'utility'. just so you know, as champ shows tend to run over 2-4 days so be sure to pick the right day of judging to attend one. certainly go and watch the judging, have a wander around the dog bencing and perhaps have a chat. dont be too alarmed if some of those showing seem a little curt, showing can be very stressful. sometimes better to ask for a contact number/email to chat at a more convenient time. do expect a wait for your perfect pup, decent breeders often have a waiting list. Epupz seems to be mostly fequented by those who cant sell their pups via reputation.

Hello! I'm new to the site and want to join in and learn as much as possible. I have a Samoyed, Ivy. She will be 16 months in 2 weeks. I've had her in training with two different trainers with different styles. She is doing well with that but I need to do more to get her "ready" for show...MOST CERTAINLY!! I am asking for trainers and show times for this area of the US....North or South East. It's been in the 90s here and she tolerates the heat fairly well but not sure about a real work out at this height of the day's heat!! I won't do that. My long time breeder/show friend (not Samoyed) said, next step is to go to shows, look for mate, and get prepared to get her in shape to at least start showing. Then, once she mates, I'll have some gorgeous puppies and the shortage won't be so bad!! I hope. She is perfect in so many ways but I want and need objective point of view and direction, too! SO, anyone with suggestions, I openly welcome them and once my Ivy is ready for delivery...I will let you know. She has a long line of her pedigree...I have 6 generations of her lineage and am happy to share with the potential owners once she's in the groove. Name is IvysHumanMom!!

Took me a while to find the dobermutt - lots out there but they just didn't feel right - I didn't want one from the free ads and wouldve been prepared to visit the shows to get to know established breeders if not. We were originally going to get our dobe pup from buckinghamshire (siboveld) but then we met Karen and ended up at Pontefract with Ailsa, instead. Small world though- she knew Matt and her dobe bitch's next litter was from a siboveld dobe. It's painful waiting but well worth it in the end