Bolsover castle visit

I LURVE that place. If I ever get married I want to do it there.

we originally booked it for 2008 for our daughter, until we went to see the wedding planner and it Pxxxed it down with rain. nowhere to go ,no chance to use the lovely lawn areas.

even worse you pay £3k for the hire and the public is still allowed in.

I love Bolsover Castle. When I was growing up I lived next door but 2 to it ( Anchor Inn)and we played in the castle everyday. We used to gaze at it from the school next door, Bolsover C of E school and convince ourselves that we saw the 'Grey Lady' carrying her head under her arm..hehehe

I love Bolsover Castle. When I was growing up I lived next door but 2 to it ( Anchor Inn)and we played in the castle everyday. We used to gaze at it from the school next door, Bolsover C of E school and convince ourselves that we saw the 'Grey Lady' carrying her head under her arm..hehehe

It is strange that when ghosts are mentioned, a grey lady is usually involved. I know of a dozen different places where one has been seen ranging from a pub in Lincoln to an old place in the middle of Salisbury plain that was an officers' mess for the Gloucestershire Regiment.

The original Grey Lady was, of course, Lady Jane Grey, "The Nine Days Queen." She was beheaded on Tower Hill Feb 15th 1554 at the age of sixteen.